How strict are local MOT centres on the new xenon washer law?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
Currently don't have washers on the front of the s2000 headlights, wondering if some centres are more lenient than others for a car with 100% on everything else? Newry/Lisburn/Portadown??

richie_mck

RMS Regular
My scooby went through new buildings at the end of july just before I sold it with a temporary headlight washer bodge joined into the windscreen washers. You can see the pipe under the gaffer tape

50ad9884.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
They are a requirement. The car needs them. If they aren't in place, it will fail.

It really is that simple.

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
I can't say if they'll pass you, but I CAN say that Newry are MUCH more lenient than Portadown.

If you want to try, you're best bet is there.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
mine passed in June and a mate passed in his dc2 on saturday there with the washer bodge... seems to be ticking the box so far

shifter

RMS Member
Drives
dc2 integra type
i went through on saturday.......i just ran a wee tee piece from the windscreen washers...then i pipe to either side of the bumper with washerjets on it...duck taped them facing the headlights.........tester got the mot center bossman out for a look he said its not ideal but it works.....that was at mullusk...

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
We should likely have post your headlamp washers thread. Some are hilarious.

Ran the accord through the test a few weeks back and it has factory washers and of course they decided not to work. Finally got a squirt after several pulls of the stalk(!)

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I can't say if they'll pass you, but I CAN say that Newry are MUCH more lenient than Portadown.

If you want to try, you're best bet is there.

I concur.... although, i have to say that the Alfa went through portadown a couple of weeks ago, and the only thing wrong was the washers for the xenons wheren't working. The guy gave me a couple of hours to go and get it sorted. Was a blown fuse, so fair play to him.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
afaik, if you are able to do a decent DIY job and create a headlight wash kit and it is able to put water on your lens then you will pass.

VintyGti

RMS Regular
Drives
Edition 30 GTI
Lucky for me the guy missed it (y) Mine is a relay issue have to get it sorted for next year :confounded:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would you not just get it fixed anyway, considering you know what the problem is?

My concern would be what else you overlook until test time...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.