It's Snowing

saxo_man

RMS Regular
There is a good two - three inches here. Time to try out the snow tyres me thinks.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Bit of slush around Belfast, but nothing worth talking about.

No one else in the office yet. Sadly chances are slim of 15 or so others getting snowed in and unable to make it in...

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Nice wee dusting of it back home but rocked up to the yard at 6.30 and nothing, wee bit of frost on the grass, that's it.

Hope it doesn't get any worse til near Xmas. Its a novelty but it quickly becomes a pain in the ass

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Winter tyres performed really well. Driving on the snow and the ice was just like driving on damp tarmac, no slipping or sliding at all. Unfortunately the work shoes were less well suited and I went on my arse 2 secs after stepping out of the car.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Fair bit of snow lying where I live, but very little in round South Belfast itself, my work car park is mostly just wet. *** this cold though, got a crack in my window this morning :worried:

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Yet again the german crapheap has been defeated by the snow morale of the story if you live on a hill and get about 3 inch of snow "the ultimate driving machine" coupled with 255's makes for a stationary experiance

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Slush this morning :worried: I was hoping for the car to be covered in it but sadly not!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ready to head out on the bike in Belfast... Snowmobile would be more useful, lol, as usual only the main roads are cleared.

much snow lying on the mournes? I'm dying to ski there this winter for a bit of craic

No snow around my direction yet, we are usually the last to get it though

Have never seen enough snow in the Mournes to actually ski on, lol, not even last year. But maybe I am too picky :grinning:

Mulled wine and mince pies sounds like a great idea though :party:

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
Seriously cant be much fun for cycling in those conditions pabbers ?

Gaz according to autoglass the cold winter weather can turn a chip into a crack so you should have called when you spotted the chip :relieved:

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Didn't spot a chip, that's the problem! :worried:

Gaz

Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Oh I know, I'll get it sorted under insurance anyway, just a pain in the ass.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
good 2 inches in carryduff, the mps was good craic with the 4wd:cool:

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
Nice one Burt did it perform well ? I left the mondeo parked up and brought the truck out LOL

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Took girl I work with 2.5 hours to get from Strangford to Larne this morning, said everyone was driving at 2 mph, soo glad I live half a mile from work!

pablo

RMS Moderator
glengormley was standstill this morning, took the wife nearly an hour to get through it (school run). I was on the bike so rode on the footpath most of the way through was mega slippy though. Road was ok just very wet and slushy

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sweet Jesus Pablo :scream: I think you've earned this (y)

images

pablo

RMS Moderator
had to fire the foot down a few times to stop coming off :p

wouldnt like to be cleated in this weather!