It's Snowing

pablo

RMS Moderator
cityjet ones, pretty crappy so might swap to the proper mountain bike ones. Im using a mountain bike btw. Safer :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I just wish it was like this here :worried:

Picture 106.png

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
cityjet ones, pretty crappy so might swap to the proper mountain bike ones. Im using a mountain bike btw. Safer :grinning:

Im on a hybrid. Only use it for cycling to work, havent been on it in prob 2 months due to project changes etc, but plan on getting back on tomorrow. But its getting quite brisk (No snow yet in London, just cold), and my tyres are std road hybrid tyres. not great on wet let alone slush.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
I'm glad I have the wee scooter as a backup to the Triumph. It's a bit more manageable on the slippy stuff. Would rather fall off the scooter than a push bike too with the armoured jacket etc.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
This was this morning at home. I had to jump start the Honda as she's been sitting a couple of weeks. But I was busting to try out the new snow tyres. The improvement in braking was impressive over toyos last year.

2ab8997d.jpg

85897bbe.jpg

8e539bcd.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seriously cant be much fun for cycling in those conditions pabbers ?

It is fine on the MTB. Took the road bike today though, thinking it would be clear once on the main road. On slicks, very "interesting", lol :grinning:

Full wool outfit, gloves, hat, and winter boots on today, like a Michelin man on wheels :p

I hate snow. It is fine on ski slopes, but anywhere else it is just a royal pain :worried:

Saxo-man, those look like proper tyres!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Those are Dunlop Winter Sport M3 tyres for the Honda. Got em cheap online and fitted to two spare rims I had lying around. I've never had snow tyres before and enjoyed my run into work today, all 1 hour and forty five minutes of it :worried:

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
Didnt take us any longer today, road was very quiet the whole way in as we are working 10-6 at the moment :sob:

mmc01

RMS Regular
took me 5 mins less to get to work this morning..

loads of fiat/alfa alloys here in work i can sell cheap if anyone has had a run in with a kerb!

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Not quite sure what all the fuss is about lol.Quite a few 4wds in the carpark at work today,the panic is on!

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Snowing again here in newtownabbey :worried: ice with snow wont be good in the morning. seen some boy lose it on a roundabout this morning in a Honda Jazz ended up up the side enbankment (Ballymena) carful folks

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Was fairly ploughing down at the merchant last night but too wet to lie. Whats belfast like today?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Im in work ... How bad is it or going to get round Belfast/Newtownabbey area?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Was raging this morning the radio said that the Craigantlet hills were treacherous. So got up early to give myself plenty of time, there was almost no snow whatsoever on the hills, was in work near an hour early

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The most treacherous thing in the snow, is idiot drivers !

Some jams on the roads this morning on the radio, and there was barely any snow on the damn roads !

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
OP
tbdevpaul
Drives
Hundeye
Totally agree stevie. Everyone driving along nice tonight and then it started to snow and all the brakes went on instantly and down to 35 on the motorway :mad:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
To be fair, I'd rather have people going too slow than too fast when it comes to snow. There was certainly plenty lying on the dual carriageway this morning when I was on my way to work, and unlike those of us on this forum who *think* we know how to drive, a large majority of drivers aren't quite sure how to react to a skid or judge braking distances in the snow. Sitting a little longer in queues won't kill anyone.

Jonny1992

RMS Regular
Drives
too much
glengormley didnt!!!

no it didnt fs half an hour to get from glengormley onto sandyknowes fs muppet drivers annoy me i think people should have to take skid pad test before being alowd to drive in snow fs