Mat Armstrong rebuild’s an M5

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
seen this guys thumbnails on youtube and thought he was a bit of weapons grade wab, BUT, started watching from golf t build and quite enjoy tbh
Rebuilding the oil pump on the Lambo, basically he said "how hard could it be" with no instructions... I like his no BS attitude.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Watched quote a lot of his videos as well and love his attitude. Makes no bones about being a complete learner and shows any mistakes he makes along the way.

I've never actually done the math on any of his builds but I think some of you have it back to front, he uses Youtube/merch/sponsorship income to do what he loves - rebuilding crash damaged cars. bar the couple he's given away I think he still owns all the other cars he's repaired. His missus also left her job to work with him in the background so it's paying her a wage too.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
seen this guys thumbnails on youtube and thought he was a bit of weapons grade wab, BUT, started watching from golf t build and quite enjoy tbh

He is appealing to the YouTube masses with the positive silliness if you see what I mean - same as your guy Jamie on Officially Gassed - if he got on like that 24/7 you wouldn't be tired smacking him

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I haven't actually watched the whole Lambo one but it looked like he got bummed on that one for £100k!
He is appealing to the YouTube masses with the positive silliness if you see what I mean - same as your guy Jamie on Officially Gassed - if he got on like that 24/7 you wouldn't be tired smacking him

Can't warm to OG at all.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I haven't actually watched the whole Lambo one but it looked like he got bummed on that one for £100k!

Can't warm to OG at all.

So chavvy but I would watch the odd one depending what cars - its good for tuned car drag races whereas Carwow is more new, stock, interesting cars with the odd modded one thrown in

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Only recently watched some of his videos on the M5. Good videos.

His new project is brilliant too.

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I think he mentioned in the video or Instagram story that he won the car for less than he expected, so upgraded his flights! :joy:

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Fair play to him. He's found a niche that works and is exploiting it.

The thumbnails alone are a bit 'click baity', but I think the videos themselves are very entertaining and I like how he just gets stuck into things without taking himself too seriously.

Evidently it's paying very well. His subscriber numbers are climbing quickly on both of this channels.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
He is a very likeable character.
I was smiling all the way through that Porsche video.

Think that’s why it’s watchable

His attitude is very addictive

The Lambo video is brilliant as he comes across issues with the previous engine build.

He takes everything with humour and in his stride

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Watched GT3 one last night, I am sure he has his hands full with that one - didn't catch how much he won it for? Could end up being a bargain but then add in the travel and time there, is he shipping it back? Or selling it in the states?

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Watched GT3 one last night, I am sure he has his hands full with that one - didn't catch how much he won it for? Could end up being a bargain but then add in the travel and time there, is he shipping it back? Or selling it in the states?
No idea about the sale but I think he is working on it in the USA as he was looking for somewhere to work at it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
No idea about the sale but I think he is working on it in the USA as he was looking for somewhere to work at it.

Is he not working in that guy Tavarish's garage or was he just holding it for him until he got there?

Also, what is the red car in the back ground of his garage? It looked like a Noble M12

1675425094988.png

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Is he not working in that guy Tavarish's garage or was he just holding it for him until he got there?

Also, what is the red car in the back ground of his garage? It looked like a Noble M12
Tavarish had a licence to buy from Copart USA that Matt didn`t so he bought with Matts money and stored it for him - it was in the video :joy: