Mat Armstrong rebuild’s an M5

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
He keeps jumping back and forth between cars, just want to see more of the GT3 :joy:
Tavarish is in the UK at the minute I think, he was over for that petrol headonism show. Looks like Mat is jumping back and forth, spending a week or two over at Tavarish's place at a time!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Anyone watch the hardupgarage channel?

He is all over Tavarish and Co so completely melting my head. His own content isn’t bad but he smells of desperation lol.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
I don't get this Tavarish guy, all the UK YouTubers seem to have their nose somewhere around his sigmoid colon 🤷‍♂️

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Very sketchy the way he put the cover back on but imagine the work to take the heads off again, if it had been me I would have had a heart attack with so much stress but Mat and his Dad were still chilled out.
Once they got the engine back in, filling the dry sump tank while standing on the plenums, zero f's given lol.
More problems = more 'drama' = more views = more money.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Does seem a bit awkward tbh. Tavarish was also very awkward / cringe when Derek Bieri of Vice Grip Garage was there rebuilding an old kit car a few months back.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Tavarish aka Freddy Hernandez who is Russian :joy:

tavrish-bio.png

Will subscribe to his channel and watch a few eps this weekend. Only ever heard of him through Mats channel

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Tavarish aka Freddy Hernandez who is Russian :joy:

tavrish-bio.png

Will subscribe to his channel and watch a few eps this weekend. Only ever heard of him through Mats channel
Start with this one :joy:

pablo

RMS Moderator
his other Mclaren build was pretty awesome, also his Murci build.

I like a lot of the cheaper stuff he did with Jared too, although the new guy Jack is also pretty likeable (Jared running his own channel now)

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5

I don't subscribe to Mat's channel but would pop in and out of his videos from time to time when the Youtube algorithm decides to remind me of his channel and I've nothing else to watch.

Just scrolling through this thread and noticed he used the Windows 95 wallpaper in his Youtube thumbnail lol 8-| *nerdalert*

1681900091080.png

1681900195606.png

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
You’re right. I’m sure he’s glad he didn’t use that one. He was probably more concerned about the painful ear infection he looks to have in that thumbnail too.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
TBF, that rebuild was pretty damn good in terms of getting it back together in a structurally safe way, looks the biz too. Must have cost a fair bit in parts from Porsche but if he wants to sell it, I'm sure there will be a buyer somewhere for it with the LZ/MA back story etc.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yep, potentially a cheap way into one even after import taxes. Porsche UK would probably try to torpedo the boat it was on though lol.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Should do, if the numbers are real, he spent 100k on it originally, be fairly realistic to say that it has cost the same again in parts, labour and upgrades. He probably made more than that from the videos and all the other guff, so still a 'cheap' car for him.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Good video and what a trip!

Surprised to see Nico make an appearance - too bad about his Ferrari :joy: