MK3 Golf GTi 16v

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Well, here goes! Picked up this mint Mk3 16V off Coog yesterday evening. As you all know, it's a real credit to Craig. The amount of work he put in, and the previous owners going on the bundle of receipts, was unreal.

His original thread, over his two stints owning her, is here http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/mk3-golf-gti-16v.68045/

I'd put a wanted thread up a few weeks on here and on GTINI. Had a few offers and was gunning for a 5 door one, but after looking at Coog's on Saturday and being let know he was thinking of getting rid, I had to at least have a gander! Little did I know, an hour later, I was leaving with it! He really didn't want to see her go I think, but at least you'll be able to call round on Mondays!

Plans for it are.......honestly? I've no idea, enjoy it? I'll give her a run over with a fine tooth comb over the next few days, but I can see nothing that'll need doing.

Woodcutter I heard from Craig that you've some bits sitting? I may be in touch!

Pics to follow (mostly from Coog's thread!)

Attachments

• IMAG0280.jpg
    IMAG0280.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCF0046.JPG
    DSCF0046.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCF0047.JPG
    DSCF0047.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCF0050.JPG
    DSCF0050.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0162.jpg
    IMAG0162.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMAG0273.jpg
    IMAG0273.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 240
  • IMAG0274.jpg
    IMAG0274.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 581
  • IMAG0276.jpg
    IMAG0276.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 287

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
good job! if had the money i would have lifted that myself lol health to drive and all

Reactions: dub

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Don't talk to me about it Davey ffs. I blame Twain for making me question the reason why I'd have a car that does 500 miles a year lol

She's a real good one. Health to drive mate... I miss it but am glad it's gone to another fussy home.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
If I was closer we would have been having a scrap for it :p

All the best with it :grinning:

VDUB12

RMS Regular
Drives
mk3 golf
Good luck with it :grinning: , car looked in great condition at castlewellan

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Nice one. Health to drive

Hopefully Coog will take a notion for it again in a year or two and you can make a few quid selling it back to him :p

Conor

RMS Regular
Fantastic buy. A set of good coilovers, VR6 speedlines sitting just right and maybe a set of Joey'd headlights and you're elected.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Don't talk to me about it Davey ffs. I blame Twain for making me question the reason why I'd have a car that does 500 miles a year lol

She's a real good one. Health to drive mate... I miss it but am glad it's gone to another fussy home.

We all do silly things - I have a 2tonne toyota in my yard that I have no idea what to do with :rolleyes: lol

dub it is a cracking car - i even took a notion were i thought id like to own it a wee while back - good luck with it mate (y)

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
*******, that is all :worried:

Fantastic buy. A set of good coilovers, VR6 speedlines sitting just right and maybe a set of Joey'd headlights and you're elected.
**** off sc3n3 gayer! Leave the bloody thing alone, its a decent one left :p Lowered a bit and thats about it for me :grinning:

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Now, now lads :cool: I'm just glad I've got a car that matches my username lol.

If I was closer we would have been having a scrap for it :p

Would have been good craic down Ballyhalbert lol!

Hopefully Coog will take a notion for it again in a year or two and you can make a few quid selling it back to him :p

HAHA! Good one! If it goes, Coog will be first in line!

Cheers lads for all the comments. I'm sure you'll see it out and about.

FIRST MOD! Tidy the user manual lol

2013-07-09 13.59.58.jpg

2013-07-09 14.03.13.jpg

Yeoooo!

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Aye, my suggestion being a set of OEM wheels and lowered slightly, sc3n3 as ****. (y)

I cant think of the name of the wheels but they are mk3 golf OEM - was there a special edition at some point or something?

like hens teeth though

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
After thinking about it, I'm pondering getting pressed plates for her, not 100% sure mind. I've been in touch briefly with Neil@rockvale as it'll be him I'd use.

Another thought is, a new head unit. What's the going rate for getting DAB put in?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Seen this tonight up close, lovely! Definitely not many about left like this :worried:

As i said earlier, pressed plates might look a tad out of place if you're keeping the car fairly original as it is. A small touch of lowerage like the very first picture and some spacers is about the height of it for me and that car :grinning:

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Cheers Gary, your Fez was great too!

The pressed plates, you might be right. The plates on her at the minute need freshening up anyways. That, plus a lens on the front bumper, which I've no clue how to source a replacement for, and it'll be sitting even better.

dub

RMS Regular
OP
dub
Drives
Aero Wagon
Looks like a lovely example mate .

Appreciate the comments people, thanks. I might get a run over some Saturday morning, if you're open then? Do you do normal plates as well as pressed ones?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.