Mobile Alloy wheel refurbishing... 19" wheels..good job!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stuarti

RMS Regular
had read mixed reports about mobile alloy wheel refurb guys, but decided to try one out as i had no spare wheels to put on the wifes vectra while my wheels were being done..

the wheels are 19" Snowflakes and were in terrible shape to be fair, all 4 of them, there was a fine line between buying a new set or refurbing these ones...

i contacted a guy called Warren (alloyboys.com 075 2556 9269) who came out to do the wheels for me on Saturday. Have to say so far im very impressed... hes very fussy about his work, and worked very hard to sort these wheels out! at a good price too..

his long wheel base transit van (with awning!) is well kitted out to do some pretty heavy work... and he spent the whole day saturday sorting these wheels out for me... he also stands over his work for 12 months,

have to say i was very pleased as it finished the car off..

These were just a couple of wick phone pics, but there was a lot or repair and reshaping work had to be done to the wheels!!

anyway at this point just thought id recommend him, hes doing S3 wheels for my dad this week too! convenient service when its at your door!!

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,165
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,099
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,077

stuarti

RMS Regular
OP
stuarti
depends on the size of the wheel, and the damage on them...

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I think I will give these boys a contact to see about getting two of my alloys refurbished - one has small curb damage and the other has picked up some stone chips. It is good that they are able to come out to your home rather than having to leave the car in somewhere to get it fixed. I am a bit concerned though that it may be some sort of low budget repair. Has anyone else used this company services before?

stuarti

RMS Regular
OP
stuarti
think 19s are around £220-£240 or so depending on state of them.. so not low budget repair, and warren says he stands over them...

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Yea would like to know too the Fiesta's wheels could do done, and mums ST220 rims are proper mangled

My mondeo ST220 rims where fu>ked too as the laquer was all coming off.

If they are in that state i would recommend Nu luk as they do a full acid strip to bare alum.

Im just wary of these guys doing them and they look great for 6 months then are wrecked again.

Mine from Nuluk have done 50k over 2 years and still as good as new. (y)

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
My mondeo ST220 rims where fu>ked too as the laquer was all coming off.

If they are in that state i would recommend Nu luk as they do a full acid strip to bare alum.

Im just wary of these guys doing them and they look great for 6 months then are wrecked again.

Mine from Nuluk have done 50k over 2 years and still as good as new. (y)

Nuluk done them the last time, lets just I could never recommend them.

stuarti

RMS Regular
OP
stuarti
i priced nu luk, they were looking £400 or round abouts. and only guaranteed them for 6 months,couldnt justify the price... !! happy with job i got...

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Nuluk done them the last time, lets just I could never recommend them.

Strange cause mine are perfect along with many of my friends wheels.

He did tell me if i got the diamond cut they would be back in the same condition due to stone chips within a year so i just got them painted a bright silver colour.

seamybaby55

RMS Regular
Drives
RX8 40TH Anniver
Strange cause mine are perfect along with many of my friends wheels.

He did tell me if i got the diamond cut they would be back in the same condition due to stone chips within a year so i just got them painted a bright silver colour.

Nu Luk only place to go for a "proper" job..............:laughing:

philip5660

RMS Member
Drives
GT-FOUR
any one else tried the "alloy boys"? If he stands over them for a year I think he might be worth a look....

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
any one else tried the "alloy boys"? If he stands over them for a year I think he might be worth a look....
Am tempted myself ... couldn't really afford a total refurbishment, but the wheels could do with a bit of 'new look' thanks to stonechips and one slightly curbed. Would be interesting to hear other peoples opinions / experiences of the Alloy boys.

philip5660

RMS Member
Drives
GT-FOUR
I'd be delighted to - The alloys were badly corroded and had suffered from a substandard repair job by a previous owner, so the already flaking paint was hiding a world of horrors underneath!
A total of 2 days was spent preparing and painting the rims, and the result was worth the time and the money!

I trust the attached before and after pictures will speak for themselves!

Attachments

• IMG_8691.jpg
    IMG_8691.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 866
  • IMG_8696.jpg
    IMG_8696.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 793
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.