RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
This guy maybe?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I take it that is with fillers, colouring, etc.? Rather than replacing panels?

I've seen impressive restorations without replacing panels, but always wondered how the fillers and stuff hold up to regular use?

BrookST

RMS Regular
OP
BrookST
Drives
Monaro VXR
Alloy wheels back after a refurb and the results are fab, didn’t get any pics but they look absolutely awesome, anthracite in colour with a real nice gloss on them, should look ace against the red paintwork 🤞

Nearly there

Callipers refurbed, powder coated black
New pads all around in order from RockAuto.
New seal kits on route from RockAuto.
Complete 8 & 10mm fuel lines with all connections ready to fit.
Wortec exhaust system broken down, in good order apart from mild steel connectors and flanges, to be replaced.
Brake pipes will be replaced at same time.
Back subframe will be dropped out for a sandblast and repainting, all crap underseal removed and tied up. Rear end showed signs of neglect, putting everything right now though.
Cosmetic seam peal on inner wing removed and repaired.
A97188FE-71BB-4495-8000-253216F6C414.jpeg
EE35A813-E831-4748-AE51-7252CE92A955.jpeg
B52291A2-EFE1-428B-9FFD-F689E1F2895F.jpeg
DA656E43-7D15-4590-9B06-1F76289D1F79.jpeg
79B660A6-BA32-4C18-A630-CD74FFE93A20.jpeg
B511E9AA-D4B6-4E12-8E9A-CE7F8FCAB924.jpeg

BrookST

RMS Regular
OP
BrookST
Drives
Monaro VXR
Took a bit of a gamble and bought 4 calliper repair seal kits from RockAuto in the states for the Pontiac GTO 2006 which is the US version of the Monaro, thankfully they were relatively cheap so worth a gamble because trying to find anything for the Monaro was virtually impossible.

Similar story with the front and rear pads, again, these ones have a slightly bigger pad to disc footprint but thankfully they fit like a glove. I could've went for a more expensive pad from RockAuto but again, always the risk of them not fitting.

That's the callipers ready to go, at least the old pads wont be going onto new discs all around.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06 .jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-06.jpg

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
These things sell for crazy money here in Oz now since they stop production, like 6 figures for good clean examples with low mileage.

I seen MK1 MX5's are expensive there now too, I was looking at importing one from Japan or Aus but it just wasn't affordable. I should send the local one I bought back to Australia at this stage :joy:

BrookST

RMS Regular
OP
BrookST
Drives
Monaro VXR
You are making some job of this, class!
Cheers Pete, have questioned my sanity a number of times but always get the same answer - “nearly there, it’ll be grand”. Reality is, it’ll never be there, it will cost a fortune and when it is close to being ‘there’, it will be time to look for something else lol.

Last edited: