Moto GP 2013

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Marquez!!!!

Moto GP's youngest ever pole sitter and race winner all in the one weekend.

Hanging off the bike and sliding it all over the place too! Awesome rider!

I don't want to jump the gun but this kid could be one of the greatest riders ever.

dilligaf

RMS Regular
Drives
KIA SPORTAGE
3 of us are heading over to the british round in Aug/Sept, Is anyone else heading over??

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not a bad race in Jerez! Lorenzo not happy about that last corner pass - I think Maquez is my new favourite :grinning:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Marquez has well & truly arrived.

great to watch

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
He's fast becoming the Vettel on 2 wheels.

Just like Vettel cited Schumacher as his all time idol, Marquez holds Rossi in the same esteem and it really does shine through in both cases.

They are spearheading a new generation of super quick, uber ruthless racers and they are leaving their peers trailing in their wake.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
What a cracking race. That last corner took me right back to 03, Marquez is definitely breathing some fresh air through the ranks.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Not a bad race in Jerez! Lorenzo not happy about that last corner pass - I think Maquez is my new favourite :grinning:

Yup i was reading that it had upset Lorenzo, but to be fair , if Marquez had held back he wouldnt have had the racer instinct in him, he did nothing wrong, it was a great effort, hes seems like a likeable guy too (y)

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
Live UK coverage of MOTO GP World Championship will switch to BT Sport from the start of next season.

An exclusive five-year deal for BT's soon-to-launch sports channels was confirmed during a presentation in London on Thursday morning.

"We're proud that MotoGP will be part of such a huge and exciting project as BT Sport," said Manel Arroyo, managing director of MotoGP's commercial rights holder Dorna Sports.

"I'm sure that BT Sport will provide the in-depth coverage that MotoGP deserves and in turnMotoGP will provide the sporting drama and excitement to help launch BT Sport as a major player in the TV market."

While the exclusive nature of the deal spells the end of the BBC (free to air) and British Eurosport (subscription) live coverage, it was soothed by the surprise news that all three BT Sport channels - BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN - will be available free of charge to BT Broadband customers.

"UK Sports fans have had a rough deal for too long," said BT chief executive Ian Livingston. "Many have been priced out of the market but we will change this by giving away BT Sport for free with our broadband. Sports fans are the winners today."

BT Sport will be available via BT's own TV service, on Sky's digital satellite platform and online, including through a mobile App.

The cheapest Broadband deal currently advertised by BT is £10 per month, rising to £16 for unlimited data usage. Non-BT Broadband customers will need to pay £15 a month for the BT Sport channels, which compares with £85 for a season of live video coverage on the official MotoGP website.

'MotoGP fans won't miss a minute of the action as race weekends will be covered in full starting from the free practices on the Friday and including full coverage of Moto2 and Moto3 as well as the elite category MotoGP,' read a BT Sport statement.

'Coverage will be hosted on-site with additional studio coverage from BT Sport's state of the art facilities at the Olympic Park in Stratford, East London.

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
BT not sharing with Eurosport as the Beeb did , guess not many
fans will be able to see Moto GP from next season on . . (n)

Cess

RMS Staff
The channels are free if you are a BT broadband customer though

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
You pay BT a lot of money for rubbish broadband to get MotoGP "for free" chris_b...

I guess it means only BT customers will be able to watch MotoGP next year :worried:

Will there still be highlights shows on BBC, like F1? In that case it is not too bad.

"UK Sports fans have had a rough deal for too long," said BT chief executive Ian Livingston. "Many have been priced out of the market but we will change this by giving away BT Sport for free with our broadband. Sports fans are the winners today."

Lol, so taking it off freeview and putting it on his exclusive BT channel is a better deal for fans? :innocent: Amazing twisted marketing logic there from the BT man - if he can say that with a straight face, then he can sell snow to an Eskimo!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
svensktoppen I have BT BB but don't have and also have no intention of getting that BT vision crap. TV not connected to BB either so is it streamed or what I wonder ???

Cess

RMS Staff
Its free via your Sky Box, BT Vision or via your PC if you are a BT Broadband customer according to the blurb I read.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Another championship ruined as in WRC . .

To be fair MotoGP has been slowly killing itself for years. Moto2 (I don't know if this is going to be BT exclusive too) is a much better series to watch with better and closer racing, the world super bikes also offer a better deal for the fans. Ever since Suzuki and Kawasaki pulled out their official teams the writing was on the wall for MotoGP. I have BT broadband so I'll still watch the MotoGP but its not what it was 5 years ago.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well, we still have BSB and BTCC on freeview - best race series around :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bit of a procession at Mugello...

Still, Marquez provided good entertainment, as usual :grinning: Was bound to happen eventually, but he is still easily the most entertaining rider on the grid.

Shame about Rossi, great result for Crutchlow.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
only series worth watching is WSB, motogp has been a bore for years. and you cant see it bar Eurosport

Marquez has spiced things up but thats it really

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Still on BBC for the rest of this season. Rumours about changes for next season, but all details are not clear hey.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.