My evo viii also fails mot test cause of factory fitted hid lights..HELP

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would probably look gash though Nicky?

No reason why it has to look gash, unless you're going to do it the way Ge0rge would and hack holes in the bumper with a jigsaw and fit power washer nozzles or something.

The likes of these 106 single jet washers would be subtle, cheap and effective:

643871.jpg

http://www.106parts.com/s2/page1.php?area2=3&sitepage=7&area3=49&area4=204&part=7589

Or else these Elise parts, which could be mounted with about 4mm on show if you put them in from behind the bumper and made a small bracket to hold them in place as opposed to the nut on the threaded part:

6-290a3.jpg

http://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/69/602/screen-washer-jets/

graham donnelly

RMS Regular
OP
graham donnelly
Drives
Vw Golf Anni Tdi
Think i will just take a feed from the windscreen washers down to the headlights and if she passes mot i will just remove the tubing afterwards.My evo is standard UK spec as it is an fq,but i think this problem is gonna be the same on uk models and jap imports with xenon headlights.Just hpoe the C--ts dont pull me on the self-levelling of the headlights when they see the botch warshers fitted.

graham donnelly

RMS Regular
OP
graham donnelly
Drives
Vw Golf Anni Tdi
I Motd one at Boucher last week and put a t-piece into the pipe leading to washer jets. Ran a pipe down to each headlight and taped it down so that water would trickle onto the headlight. Nobody had a problem with it and self-leveling was never mentioned.
Are you a mechanic,and did you do the work to the headlight washers on the evo you mot'd last week? If you dont mind me askin what mot centre did you use?

scooby1929

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx
What a feking joke. I have a subaru with hid headlights fitted as standard not sure about the self leveling but they have their own water jets. Hope u get sorted

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Here's a recent Evo thread about exactly what you posted: http://www.reallymeansounds.com/for...-rule-then-evo-fails-mot-on-hid-issue.137695/

Here's also what someone did with the same problem on their BMW: http://www.reallymeansounds.com/for...-mot-advice-thread.127468/page-9#post-1913879

Thats the only definite way to pass, although like others you could wing it and hope someones has an ounce of sense on something factory :grinning:

DaddyC should be able to find the thread...
findit.jpg

:p

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Hi all,took my mitsubishi evo to the mot test centre on thursday and was failed because the the FACTORY fitted zenon,hid,headlights were not self leveling and did not have headlight washers.This i think is a complete joke,as far as im aware the evos 7-9 didnt come with either of these. Can anyone help me on a way round this stupid problem so i can get my car on the road. Thanks

well you were told :p

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Failed for a non standard car and now..failed for a standard car....wtf is going on...next we,ll have to have washer jets on our rear lights with wee wa*ky wipers... and one day, you'll have to m.o.t your pushbike if the government thought they'd make a few notes at it...

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
its an EU directive ... and a flawed one at that

Failed for a non standard car and now..failed for a standard car....wtf is going on...next we,ll have to have washer jets on our rear lights with wee wa*ky wipers... and one day, you'll have to m.o.t your pushbike if the government thought they'd make a few notes at it...

damian

RMS Member
Drives
Seat Cordoba
they brought in the same rule for the nct down here
but if it's a car with no washer jets and self levelling they can't fail you on it
because if the car doesn't have it well then obviously it can't break or not function properly

graham donnelly

RMS Regular
OP
graham donnelly
Drives
Vw Golf Anni Tdi
Excellent,thats what im gettin done this week,has to pass once i get the washers sorted for the headlights..:grinning:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Basically, the regs say it must have headlight washes ect ect, doesn't say how powerful or effective they have to be.....

Limited internet connection at the minute, so limited time on here, if you think its importaint, drop me a PM on here, I get the email to my phone, if I think its importaint, I'll do my best to reply. 9 out of 10 emails I get though is from people too lazy to use the search feature on here.....

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Basically, the regs say it must have headlight washes ect ect, doesn't say how powerful or effective they have to be.....

Limited internet connection at the minute, so limited time on here, if you think its importaint, drop me a PM on here, I get the email to my phone, if I think its importaint, I'll do my best to reply. 9 out of 10 emails I get though is from people too lazy to use the search feature on here.....

So another ridiculous scam aimed at torturing the motorist...again! Whoever makes these regulations up is clearly out of touch with reality. This reg. serves no benedit to anyone, bar the government who benedit from re-test fees.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Hard to beat black nasty (gaffer tape) the whole British army is held together by it :p.
I don't understand how they can change the rules, but seeing as its a European thing can understand why its a ballix. This coming from the same idiots who banned bananas with bends in them. Seriously these people need lined up and beaten with said bananas, children would have more sense ffs.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.