My evo viii also fails mot test cause of factory fitted hid lights..HELP

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
If the car was fine to be sold like that then I don't see how the rules can just change. Will cars built prior to cats being standard issue have to fit one next?!
From my understanding of it, the cars were built to JDM spec and were not intended for import into the UK / Euro market place, all these Jap performance cars are more or less JDM imports with a UK chassis number put against them, don't understand how they escaped the reg in the 1st place.

Only way I can see DVA taking a back step on this one is by people fighting for it, ie producing info from the manufactures about the standard spec of the cars, but HQ are aware of the problem and don't seem to be changing their minds about it, they whole of Europe is being effected by these new checks, UK was the last country to implement them, and NI was the last part of the UK to implement them

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.