My First Ford

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
The 335i is away off to Ben for a new chapter in its life (one that seems to feature 2 big black lines :grinning: ) - just got the itch when despite how awesome the 335i was, I was finding driving a 400bhp coupe frustratingly difficult to enjoy its potential as I drive about 5 minutes back and forward from work each day. So my mind went on to think of cars with 'personality' and thought this might be the answer...

uploadfromtaptalk1399831409938.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1399831437296.jpg

Bought locally, sort of know the previous owner as there was a gent round the corner from me who was always out cleaning his, I didn't realise it was his I was buying from the dealer. He sold up as he's into bikes and only did 2k miles in the last year.

It's a lux pack 2 - which gives sat nav, reversing cam and keyless entry, on top of the lux one's auto lights and mirrors and climate control. It also has the upgraded seats with dynamica (alcantara) inserts and leather outers. Only option it doesn't have is the bluetooth /USB option, but I'm in the process of retrofitting it.

No tuning plans for it at the mo, and might never have. Just doing sensible things currently, like fixing the control stalk rattle and the wet spoiler creak that are the usual 'issues'. Next thing is repair the wear on the massive seat bolsters, and a good paint correction and protection.

So much good to say about this car, but I'll drip feed it out in the next month or two! :p

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Love it....seats are superb, also has a clutch rest plate which many dont :grinning:

Looks like a stunning example, enjoy and any advice you need gimme a shout :grinning:

LED replacement of 90% of the interior/exterior bulbs is a cheap and effective first mod, as is a torque mount such a Vibratechnics :grinning:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Love it....seats are superb, also has a clutch rest plate which many dont :grinning:

Looks like a stunning example, enjoy and any advice you need gimme a shout :grinning:

LED replacement of 90% of the interior/exterior bulbs is a cheap and effective first mod, as is a torque mount such a Vibratechnics :grinning:

Aye, forgot about the footrest - missed having one from the BM, and I spotted an old eBay ad and got in touch with the guy to make me one!

Seen a lot of folks recommend the mount to reduce wheel hop, need to find one that doesn't take away how nice it is to drive around town in.

The led mod is lovely, just wonder who does it locally..... \/ \/ :laughing:

Congrats Nigel!! The kids will have a double take as you drive in on Monday!!

Worst thing I ever did was sell my RS :-(

Im loving how quiet and smooth it is when you want to pootle along, and then "burrruRURRURruruurp" when you are in the mood for some fun!

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Looks fantastic, they are a fantastic package and looks like you got a good one. I will own one eventually. If you dont mind I would love to come have a look round this at some stage. Good luck with it, health to drive.

@andy_gdon your green RS was incredible, you drove into a school I was on placement in at the time and I had a nosey at it briefly. It certainly filled the parking space you where in

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Looks fantastic, they are a fantastic package and looks like you got a good one. I will own one eventually. If you dont mind I would love to come have a look round this at some stage.

No sweat, must sort something. Last time someone came for a wee test run they bought my car, but might take a bit more persuading since I've only had this a week, haha.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
I can do the LED's for you in an hour :grinning:...just get onto that Bay and get a load of 501's bought!! Only ones I havent yet done are the sidelights, will revisit them when I find a bucket of patience :grinning:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
No sweat, must sort something. Last time someone came for a wee test run they bought my car, but might take a bit more persuading since I've only had this a week, haha.
Dont worry I am about 20k short of buying one haha, unless you want to swap for my baby rs lol.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Aye, forgot about the footrest - missed having one from the BM, and I spotted an old eBay ad and got in touch with the guy to make me one!

Could you send me a link for the footrest, theres a "how to" guide on making one yourself, but think I fancy a "proper" one!!!

gsmith

RMS Regular
Fantastic looking on my to own list after owning an st one of these won't be to far away. There a cracking all rounder all the toys and plenty of go. Wish I hadn't of opened this now as it's putting me in the mood for another st or an rs. :oops:

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Lovely looking motor. That drive and the cul de sac have had some nice motors over the years, but this tops any I had or Kenny's. HTD

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Looks fantastic, they are a fantastic package and looks like you got a good one. I will own one eventually. If you dont mind I would love to come have a look round this at some stage. Good luck with it, health to drive.

@andy_gdon your green RS was incredible, you drove into a school I was on placement in at the time and I had a nosey at it briefly. It certainly filled the parking space you where in
It only did 2k Miles in the yr I had it so it must have been Strangford that you saw me? My mate is head of technology down there - Kely H.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
OP
Nigelo
Lovely looking motor. That drive and the cul de sac have had some nice motors over the years, but this tops any I had or Kenny's. HTD

Haha, well spotted - Didn't know you were from the area! Kenny's still got his R32 I guess?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.