Need a little help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Already driving another car for work and etc so the porsche would be more of a second car... The a5 have been reliable other than the clutch failure I had earlier this year which I was lucky enough to have it covered by the warranty... Other than the a5 has been incredible, is just a 12 yo car doesn't sound appealing when is come to reliability, but how would I know since I haven't own a porsche before

I was going to suggest the 911 anyway, but now you've stated the A5 is actually a second car - what are you waiting for?? Daily drivers can be sensible, second cars/weekend cars should be a bit mad. An A5 is very nice in many ways, but as @IL put it, it's not a true sports car.

Conor

RMS Regular
If it's for a second car the porsche every day of the week!

But set a couple of grand aside for it. A good mate is one of George McMillans guys and from his chat they're very expensive to keep right and have a lot of things that need replaced pretty regularly. Exhausts seem to be made from chocolate on them.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Why is every one so boring today??

Of course go for the Porsche. Get someone that knows what they're at to get a good look around it.

Perfect daily driver.

Gaz168

RMS Regular
OP
G
Different reviews... But I guess if u out of luck any car can fail on you

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Deffo the Porsche now it's a toy!

I'd be waiting for a 4S though.

Reactions: IL

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Seeing itll be a 2nd car Id 100% go for the Porsche

Get pics of the A5 cabrio up, beautiful cars

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I'd be going for a GT3076r, ITG induction kit, full Milltek system and a proper map in the A5 to leave it around 420+bhp and make the Porsche seem as boring as feck in comparison...

slammed dub

RMS Regular
Drives
76 celica & 325i
i personally would be more tempted towards the audi, porsches just never done much for me.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
All that hassle.. Why don't I just get a porsche or s5

Because 1 bill with the Porsche would see all that done to the Audi. The Audi is a much more modern car with a lot more creature comforts, and you already have it. Buy an unknown car, and you're buying someone else's problems.

C4L

RMS Regular
996's look old, especially in silver.

If it was a 997 I'd say yes but personally no, I'd stick to the a5, especially for day in day out

matt1207

RMS Regular
Drives
mk7.5 R
I'm sure the Porsche would be unreal to drive. But from those photos it looks very tired, especially from the front

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Oh, It's a second car! I know I said Porsche before but definitely the Porsche now.

Sell the boring overpriced Audi, buy the Porsche now and spend the summer driving it.

EDIT: it's an auto. Stick with the Audi.

Last edited:

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I miss-read the original post, thought it was a C4S. Going back to my previous comment, not even a cabriolet roof could redeem a bog standard C4 like the one for sale, which must be amongst the worst looking 911s made. I would say that there's still a lot of depreciation in that car yet; it would be a waste of money.

C4L

RMS Regular
I miss-read the original post, thought it was a C4S. Going back to my previous comment, not even a cabriolet roof could redeem a bog standard C4 like the one for sale, which must be amongst the worst looking 911s made. I would say that there's still a lot of depreciation in that car yet; it would be a waste of money.
why on earth would a cabriolet roof improve a 911? ruin it you mean!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I'd be going for a GT3076r, ITG induction kit, full Milltek system and a proper map in the A5 to leave it around 420+bhp and make the Porsche seem as boring as feck in comparison...

LOL! Aye why not. 8-(

Mark_C

RMS Regular

I'd go for a borg warner EFR and an adaptronic ECU

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.