New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Just rang the guy in DVA, couldn't have been more useless stating oh yeah that ref doesn't work so I cant do anything over the phone, go to a post office.

What a complete **** up!

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I was thinking of taxing online at the end of the month. Maybe to be safe and actually get a disc I'll just go to the Post office.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Do you work in the public sector? Your expectations suggest so :p

Nope. I work for a multi million pound software integrator / software house.

My expectations are based on this was obviously a huge integration of two separate systems, with values of the victim system not required/wanted in the survivor system.

It's merely teething problems, it's just unfortunate if you are in the small % of affected users.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
Not sure if we doing this integration piece work... We have a whole business unit dedicated to gov work. I know we've done a lot of the new online development.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Its not the system I don't have faith in its the sheer workload Swansea is getting. Dozens of offices are closing up and down mainland GB and Swansea is taking their work too

ali619

RMS Regular
On hold with them now as they investigate! They think i own a car i haven't had since about 10 years ago. Had 4 cars since :-( Frankly tempted to just not bother with tax as it's never going to tally up on their systems.

Ok, so apparently they're going to investigate and get back to me in 72 hours! Guy said none of my records have been handed over from DVA NI in Coleraine. Cool.

I have had the same f'ing problem. Can't drive my car until they fix their mistake. Going to call them tomorrow for an update

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Have few months ticket yet on the mondeo so hopefully won't have to go near them.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Taxed mine today. Didn't get a renewal letter in the post. But did it online, put my reg and reference number on the V5. Done in about 5 mins. Very straight forward.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
This is awesome news once they iron out the initial hesitations during integration.

No more standing like a melon in Coleraine.
No Swansea > Coleraine cherished plate transfers.
Keeps our struggling post offices alive.

Daz500

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Rovers &
Sounds a bit better than having to trek up to the Belfast office and wait with 100 other people whilst 3 poor sods are left to deal with the lunchtime "rush" :p

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Taxed mine online today, seemed a fairly simple process. Took more time finding the V5 to get the ref no than it did to ap!

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
I sent my (Scottish V5C) Reg off on 24th May to Swansea who destroyed it and asked me to send the correct forms to Coleraine to complete the registration in NI... did that 5 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. After a couple of mails to DVLA in Swansea, I've to contact them again once it's been 6 weeks since I sent the form off to Coleraine

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I went to the Post Office yesterday to tax the car. When the girl scanned the barcode on the new tax disc the screen came up with a message that said not to issue to it to me. She'd never seen that message before.

I rang Swansea but they don't know why it did that either and I've to wait 72hrs for them to investigate. Hopefully it is just a little glitch with the move and nothing more serious....

Lee

RMS Regular
I bought a reg last year, the assignment period runs out at the end of august.

On the forms it says to extend that period is £25 /1 year, £50 / 2 years. So, now I should be able to put it retention for free, and not pay that stupid fee to assign it to England before NI when the time comes?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I bought a reg last year, the assignment period runs out at the end of august.

On the forms it says to extend that period is £25 /1 year, £50 / 2 years. So, now I should be able to put it retention for free, and not pay that stupid fee to assign it to England before NI when the time comes?

I'm not sure but the price you paid would have included a transfer. This can now be done directly to NI. You will still need to pay for retention but can be done directly onto a certificate. Do you have the V750?

Lee

RMS Regular
I'm not sure but the price you paid would have included a transfer. This can now be done directly to NI. You will still need to pay for retention but can be done directly onto a certificate. Do you have the V750?

Right right. Well at least theres no need now to reg it to an english vehicle first if I'm right.

Yeah I've the V750. I wonder do I send off the 'extension of assignment period' bit of the form (I mentioned the cost above) or how do I put it on retention? It says you can't extend the period until you're within 28 days of expiry.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Taxed mine online today, seemed a fairly simple process. Took more time finding the V5 to get the ref no than it did to ap!

Same :grinning: Brilliant to be able to do this from the comfort of your armchair now :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.