New Arrangements for Taxing and Registering Vehicles

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TheWorx

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
I dunno mate is getting "G4YB01" a wise move?
tumblr_mgg1eqi7nG1s1vysoo1_500.png

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
I sent my (Scottish V5C) Reg off on 24th May to Swansea who destroyed it and asked me to send the correct forms to Coleraine to complete the registration in NI... did that 5 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. After a couple of mails to DVLA in Swansea, I've to contact them again once it's been 6 weeks since I sent the form off to Coleraine

That forms long gone mate. Ring Swansea and explain, I had the same scenario, said it'd be fixed and new V5 with me in 2 weeks.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I've heard some bad things about DVLA Swansea, specifically the turnover time of anything!

My father is in the trade and his head is already near turned trying to get everything sorted at swansea.

Sailorbaz

RMS Regular
Scotland/Co Tyrone/ Rio de Janiero, Brasil!
Drives
E46 CSL and F10
That forms long gone mate. Ring Swansea and explain, I had the same scenario, said it'd be fixed and new V5 with me in 2 weeks.

I'm still offshore but home Friday, it's on my list of things to do while killing time in Heathrow. I've a few things still to do to the car anyway, and going on Holiday so it's no biggie yet but would like to get it through the MOT before CHRISTMAS.

Thumper

RMS Regular
Well the Swansea hassle started early for us! Sent all documents on 17th July to register a car previously in the south, got all stuff back yesterday saying there was no southern reg document included which means the twats have lost it!! As it most definitely was sent (recorded delivery too might I add)
So this is going to be a long haul getting a new book from south then sending it to those tards over there again! Despite people's gripes with offices here, it sure was handy having somewhere to walk into to do things like this!

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
Anybody know what way it will work when registering GB cars here? I always used to choose the NI plate that I wanted to go on (area prefix), but what way will it work now? When do you even get the option to keep the GB reg or put a fresh NI reg on the car?

Was so much handier just to walk into the tax office.

Col

RMS Member
does this mean there will be no more new NI regs for sale through wilsons

Seems not, the DVLA Personal Registrations page had a NI registrations auction listed in the auction section, it just links to the Wilson's page for a tender auction ending the 6th August. Prices seem a bit cheaper than usual, or at least the reserves are??

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Can you pay your tax monthly like they advertised originally?

I don't understand why they don't just have a website where you put in your reg and pay for your tax, insurance & mot is all stored electronically so it wouldn't be hard to check plus who would pay someone elses tax...
Just another excuse to create mindless civil servant jobs, it was like when I left construction a few years ago and you nearly had three guys to change a lightbulb (one to do a risk assessment, one to hold the ladder and one to actually change the fkin bulb).

The only reason I'm asking is that the Post Office doesn't have a clue and I can't find the answer online, the below article says October but I've heard they've implemented it already; any truth in that?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/direct-debit-and-abolition-of-the-tax-disc

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Can you pay your tax monthly like they advertised originally?

I don't understand why they don't just have a website where you put in your reg and pay for your tax, insurance & mot is all stored electronically so it wouldn't be hard to check plus who would pay someone elses tax...
Just another excuse to create mindless civil servant jobs, it was like when I left construction a few years ago and you nearly had three guys to change a lightbulb (one to do a risk assessment, one to hold the ladder and one to actually change the fkin bulb).

The only reason I'm asking is that the Post Office doesn't have a clue and I can't find the answer online, the below article says October but I've heard they've implemented it already; any truth in that?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/direct-debit-and-abolition-of-the-tax-disc

Coming in later this year, going to be so handy.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Has anyone got a link regarding putting your private English reg onto the ni car since it's all changed? Hoping to do mine this month,went to ring today but they had closed by the time I was home from work.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Somehow Swansea have my OH's mums car registered with the original owner. Her tax is up as of tomorrow!

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Re-taxed the Audi this morning.

Couldn't have been easier plus they take credit cards now (albeit with a £2.50 charge).

56oval

RMS Regular
Just taxed the van online, disk landed in 3 days, no more pissing around waiting for 300 blue rinses to draw their lottery money at the post office, no more sitting about with farmers covered in dung, car dealers with 300 vehicles to process in Armagh, although sadly the odd fit doris was the only viewing pleasure, hey ho i can browse them whilst applying for a tax disk, multi tasking win win.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm pleased to say that my cherished transfer was completed by last Friday. Quite impressive since they only officially took over on the 21st.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.