New Honda Monkey bike

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Hopefully a lot of people buy on a whim and then get tired of them!

Doubt it. The ones I know that went for sale were still strong money (£2k) and most people who've bought them don't see them as a huge financial loss if they only ride them a hand full of times per year.

I financed mine over 4 years at 0% and pay £55 a month. The bikes were a little cheaper then than they are now, but demand is still high and Honda just can't keep hold of the stock they are recieving.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Yea tyres are a deff esp if you will be riding in the wet as mentioned many times lol. The red 1 was at my nieghbours last night in dundonald shall i presume he knows tom lol

Marc

RMS Moderator
My bro got one of these and I was on ot yesterday for a bit, makes me want one now!

Man math tells me that the £13 a week payment for it would be saved if I took it to Belfast once a week instead of the car! :grinning:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
My bro got one of these and I was on ot yesterday for a bit, makes me want one now!

Man math tells me that the £13 a week payment for it would be saved if I took it to Belfast once a week instead of the car! :grinning:

I've spent the day doing the same calculations :grinning:

Now just to decide whether to do the Micky Mouse CBT or go for the Direct Access.

If I did the CBT (the one day course) and bought this, could I then go for the Direct Access after?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
If I did the CBT (the one day course) and bought this, could I then go for the Direct Access after?

The place we went to does a top up, he reckons on a 600 we could have that CBT done in about 3more hours.

Then just lessons, theory and on for the test.

I just wanted to get the wee bike on the road ASAP for these nice evenings and abit of fun (y)

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
Well theres a white one and a blue one there. If you were to buy/ order one. I can take afew days to fit it in and be datatagged and safety checked etc

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
The place we went to does a top up, he reckons on a 600 we could have that CBT done in about 3more hours.

Then just lessons, theory and on for the test.

I just wanted to get the wee bike on the road ASAP for these nice evenings and abit of fun (y)

Sounds like a plan, will just stay off the motorways in the meantime then.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I wouldn't go near a motorway or dual carriageway on a 125 full stop.

Asking for trouble.

Reactions: IL

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Yeah it's just the combination of it's lack of power and it's diminutive frame that leaves you exposed to all sorts of trouble on the bigger, faster moving roads.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I've spent the day doing the same calculations :grinning:

Now just to decide whether to do the Micky Mouse CBT or go for the Direct Access.

Luckily enough I have my full test already :grinning: