New Pressure Washer needed

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Also looking a small pressure washer.
Would Iike one with the proper rubber hose and a short lance to get up in and around wheel arches/ engine bays for MOT cleans.
That's all it will be used for. Doesn't need to strip the paint off the car.

Does that Halfords have a short lance @purplea4T ?
Nope, just the regular 3ft or so boyo, they do sell them now but I had one already.

GaryC200

RMS Regular
Drives
s14a
Also looking a small pressure washer.
Would Iike one with the proper rubber hose and a short lance to get up in and around wheel arches/ engine bays for MOT cleans.
That's all it will be used for. Doesn't need to strip the paint off the car.

Does that Halfords have a short lance @purplea4T ?
You've basically just described the AVA p40 lol.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I'm after something about £300/350, the Ava models really do look the job and I'd probably take a chance on one but they are out of stock for another 6 weeks or so it looks like.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Lol that's all well and good but it seems it would be easier to buy a night with Margot Robbie than get one of those Ava machines at present 😆

Worth a look if you can’t get one elsewhere. This is where I got mine and tbh it was brand new. Was a 5 year warranty but seems it’s 2 now instead of the usual 10.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Nilfisk hard to beat with good backup if needed. @Woodcutter sometimes has good deals on them.

Liked the look of the Nilfisk 160 but watched a review on Youtube and there are a couple of major design faults that put me off it.
I have 1 brand new p40 in stock at £149 with 2lt UltraFoam free with the purchase.

I’m expecting 40;60 & 70 models before end of the month

Few reviews online mention is the more the 60/70/80 models that are having issues, is that your experience?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Liked the look of the Nilfisk 160 but watched a review on Youtube and there are a couple of major design faults that put me off it.
What are the design faults? I have used a 150 for years and now a 200 for the past couple of years and both have been excellent.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

Few reviews online mention is the more the 60/70/80 models that are having issues, is that your experience?

P180 is a great machine and is the one we sell. We use one for washing our vans so it gets a heap of abuse!

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
What are the design faults? I have used a 150 for years and now a 200 for the past couple of years and both have been excellent.

The hose isn't a fully flexible hose, there's still some stiffness in it, particularly in the cold
The stubby gun nozzle is low pressure only, potentially could buy a different nozzle to solve this
The trigger is poorly designed and so harder to grip and press in comparison to the Ava
The power cable and foam cannon are held in place with rubber bands, which look like a pain in the arse
The foam cannon isn't great, theres no volume markings on it and it appears to be solid blue in colour so you can't see how much liquid is in it. Obviously you could use a different one but you're still paying for it

I know none of them will be perfect and its not a cheap-ish model but there's too many negatives there for me.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I wouldn’t ever use the foam cannon that comes with a washer as they aren’t up to the job.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Works fine but it uses some serious amounts of product .likely 3-4 times more than my now broken a-Kem one

What’s broke on it? My old one was the same as the A-Ken model by the looks of it and I have these few bits left from it if they are any good to you?

IMG_0158.jpeg

john-c

RMS Regular
I bought the Halfords PW50 there, was £202 with a trade card or £225 with a 10% off code - retail at £250.
Lol that's all well and good but it seems it would be easier to buy a night with Margot Robbie than get one of those Ava machines at present 😆
I also bought the PW50 Advanced a month ago. It comes with a Halfords Advanced snow foam canon bundled although I already had one. I've been using the same canon for a year and it works great for me (Mostly with Bilt H Auto Foam) I bought the Halfords Advanced stubby too. Various discounts meant I didn't pay much over £200 in total.

Performance ways I'm very pleased, if it proves reliable (3 yr warranty) I'd definitely recommend it.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
They're giving you the option to take a refund on the machine rather than have it fixed.