New Pressure Washer needed

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Craigmore will offer you a refund, theyll keep the machine for breaking, and will receive their money back from AVA
When you say keep it for breaking, they'd hardly start using it for spares so effectively used parts surely? Or would it be like Karcher Outlet thing where they sell refurbished units ?
I think the one I got from Karcher Outlet was a "returns" one described as new in box but it had been opened just. But I'm near sure they sell refurbished stuff too.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
When you say keep it for breaking, they'd hardly start using it for spares so effectively used parts surely? Or would it be like Karcher Outlet thing where they sell refurbished units ?
I think the one I got from Karcher Outlet was a "returns" one described as new in box but it had been opened just. But I'm near sure they sell refurbished stuff too.
could be a bit of both.

if it is economically viable for them to fix it and sell it as a refurbished unit with less of a warranty they will do that.

Without knowing what the exact issue is, i'd imagine that is what they will do, however if its deemed as beyond economical repair, they may keep it for spare parts. handles, wheels, reels etc.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Just to update with my ava p80 situation and craigmore has given the go ahead for a full refund.

When I got round to ringing them the other day they said a rep from AVA was actually upstairs with the boss. The ava rep has said they are disgusted with the service they have been providing to the UK customers and they are restructuring their UK part of the business or customer service part can't mind and they are trying to get an key NI supplier sorted. Not sure how much truth there is in all that but got sorted in the end.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Halfords didnt keep the Ava washers on their website site for long. A few months max I think.

I also noted b&q Coleraine had Avas in stock the other day.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
I have a giraffe airline and it seems to really restrict airflow. 30m of hose might suffer a fire but of pressure drop depending on the pump behind it

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Anyone seen these? Look class

Handy for keeping the noise down with the neighbours. I've left my machine in garage with the door closed over a few times if it's early or late.

Cro

RMS Regular
Anyone seen these? Look class

They were on a decent Black Friday discount on Amazon last year but the reviews were shocking, always kept popping a hose and leaking internally is what I remember reading

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Best thing I done was get an MTM 20m hose reel for inside the garage so can just turn on the power washer and pull out the hose,
Far neater and so easy not having to lug around the power washer and get the hose kinked etc

saxo_man

RMS Regular
My AVA P80 blew a hole in the extendable lance earlier. I rarely extend it, and never as far as the crack location.
Bought in Feb 22 direct from AVA via Amazon. Would this be covered under warranty?

Edit: Looking on their website it’s similar to their photos of frost damage, so unlikely they will cover it. It’s always been in my garage, which has a radiator, and is never below (or even really near to ) freezing temp of water.

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
My AVA P80 blew a hole in the extendable lance earlier. I rarely extend it, and never as far as the crack location.
Bought in Feb 22 direct from AVA via Amazon. Would this be covered under warranty?

Edit: Looking on their website it’s similar to their photos of frost damage, so unlikely they will cover it. It’s always been in my garage, which has a radiator, and is never below (or even really near to ) freezing temp of water.

Try their social media. I've seen a few comments slagging them off and they reply with "we're sorry to hear about this, please contact us and we'll look into it" kind of reply. There were definitely a couple regarding the frost damage thing though so I'd say you're correct. The only thing you might get a used lance handy from someone who's machine is scrap !

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Try their social media. I've seen a few comments slagging them off and they reply with "we're sorry to hear about this, please contact us and we'll look into it" kind of reply. There were definitely a couple regarding the frost damage thing though so I'd say you're correct. The only thing you might get a used lance handy from someone who's machine is scrap !
Seems a common issue, few posts on FB with the exact same thing, where the lance has cracked and leaking in the same place.
I contacted Craigmore earlier and they have loaded all the Ava stuff on a palet and have sent all the spare parts/broken machines back to Ava. Customer service from Ava seems to be severely lacking. I ordered a replacement lance from Ava (online) just to have it, I cant wait 3-4 weeks for them to tell me it's not covered as I need the powerhose. Plus the guy from Craigmore says parts are limited, so didnt want to be stuck without.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Seems a common issue, few posts on FB with the exact same thing, where the lance has cracked and leaking in the same place.
I contacted Craigmore earlier and they have loaded all the Ava stuff on a palet and have sent all the spare parts/broken machines back to Ava. Customer service from Ava seems to be severely lacking. I ordered a replacement lance from Ava (online) just to have it, I cant wait 3-4 weeks for them to tell me it's not covered as I need the powerhose. Plus the guy from Craigmore says parts are limited, so didnt want to be stuck without.
I'd say you're on your own, most of the bad reviews say they can't get any replies from AVA.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
The selling point of these was the warranty (10 or 20 years), seems like it isnt going to mean a lot going forward. Its a great machine and nice and powerful.
You wouldn't want to be running to them all the time anyway. Reliability seems to not be great, and so soon into ownership nevermind after 10 years.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Guys need some advice.

My Sealey 170bar power washer (10 years old) been messing about recently, if I hold in trigger and turn on water & power it’s fine…. If I let go of the trigger the machine sounds like it’s being starved of water and when I hit the trigger again there’s no pressure.

If I turn off… apply trigger again and turn on it’s fine until I let go again.

It’s working perfectly except this

Any ideas in what the cause is?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
you do know it will still work as a stubby setup?

I might have a spare lance if they wont cover it

saxo_man

RMS Regular
you do know it will still work as a stubby setup?

I might have a spare lance if they wont cover it
Unfortunately I need it to finish cleaning my concrete yard and that is not going to work as a stubby setup.
Thanks for the offer, the replacement part is due to arrive on Friday, but no tracking information has been provided yet.