New Pressure Washer needed

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
Seems to be a lot of new names trying to break into the power washer market. Maybe its the new dotcom but my social media feeds seem to be fully of new brands. Bigboi, Ava and Active Products (seem to be America/Canada only at the moment) seem to be in my feed every day. Maybe its just the newer brands paying scene influencers to push them I dont know. Im still trucking on with my Lidl Parkside washer

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I'm by no means a font of all knowledge on hoses, but I've had to make up plenty of hydraulic hoses before.

Sounds like you were supplied with a lower rated pressure hose. The wires breaking through is due to the high water pressure funding weak spots in the wire braiding and then breaking through the outer rubber. It could equally be a bad batch of hose with weak or corroded braiding. Last thing it could be is the wrong amount of wraps of wire braiding.

To be honest, I'd be looking a new hose with correct pressure rating and number of braid wraps.

If you can find out the max pressure delivery of your pressure washer, then the hose should be rated for at least 1.5 times that.

Nothing surprises me with cleantec, they haven’t a scooby doo.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Really ? Only ever got one hose off them but it's been 100% for years now.
Yep, more their back up and found their knowledge on some items lacking, have a kranzle (last ever, hate it) had bother with two now, ended up fixing it myself with the help of a great lad called Malcom from acquaspray in England, he took half an hour on the phone with me and then rang back to see if I needed anymore help, they didn’t seem to know what the issue was.

Last edited:

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Anyone much experience with Honda petrol pressure washers, or is there a better option around the £800 mark?

IMG-20240507-WA0003.jpg

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Like the idea of something along those lines, kranzle etc, but would be worried about doing damage to paintwork/driveway etc.. Would that be the case?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Anyone know what adaptor an Ava use? This is to attach my snow foam bottle etc to

Seem to remember reading it’s same as either karcher or nilfisk?

Sham1

RMS Regular
Anyone much experience with Honda petrol pressure washers, or is there a better option around the £800 mark?

View attachment 434053
As far as I’m aware Honda don’t make any pressure washers, so you need to ch3ck what you are getting. There are various manufactures fitting Honda engines to pressure washers with a vast range of pumps.
For £800 you’re looking at domestic quality with the cheaper Honda gv engine and a decent brass pump.
Industrial range with a gx range would start at over £1000.
Speak to the guys at superclean for more advice, or go and have a look and try some.
Your picture looks like a painted pump, which makes me think it’s aluminium. They are ok, but will wear out quicker, especially if you run it dry. Loncin and mitsi engines also available for less money.

6.5hp one at 13lpm is more than ample for a car and yard washing. Twice the flow of most electric domestic washers.

The industrial ones will have a reduction gearbox so run at half the speed, reducing wear and noise from the engine

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Screwfix are doing a K4 Control for £209. Not sure if that's cheap.

Or one with the patio attachment £250

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
As far as I’m aware Honda don’t make any pressure washers, so you need to ch3ck what you are getting. There are various manufactures fitting Honda engines to pressure washers with a vast range of pumps.
For £800 you’re looking at domestic quality with the cheaper Honda gv engine and a decent brass pump.
Industrial range with a gx range would start at over £1000.
Speak to the guys at superclean for more advice, or go and have a look and try some.
Your picture looks like a painted pump, which makes me think it’s aluminium. They are ok, but will wear out quicker, especially if you run it dry. Loncin and mitsi engines also available for less money.

6.5hp one at 13lpm is more than ample for a car and yard washing. Twice the flow of most electric domestic washers.

The industrial ones will have a reduction gearbox so run at half the speed, reducing wear and noise from the engine

Good advice - cheers, will look into those and should've said, this would be for yard rather than car washing

Sham1

RMS Regular
On the farm we have a gx390 powered unit with a 21lt/min pump. Some job, but they are obviously more money.
For yard washing get a turbo nozzle. Makes the job much easier.

Another point to be aware of is that some of the smaller domestic units cannot suck from a barrel, so take that into consideration as well. Also be aware of counterfeit Hondas. They may have a Honda sticker, but there will be no Honda on the casting.

Other companies are available, just this one has a fairly good website with prices

Last edited: