Parking over driveway

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
happened to me block my garage just because doors were closed .........so i got two cars parked front and rear of car .went home on motorbike came back 5 hours later ohh they were not happy i stood my ground asked did they want there car as it was easy for me to go away again ,,,,,,,,, we thought no one was in that garage ........lol

lighter7

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E36/Disco3
There has been the odd time when someone would park in my parking space at my flat. There is no excuse for this as all the spaces are marked with their apartment number.
Whenever this happens to me I simply park in front of my space (its an end space so not blocking anyone else) and go home to sleep…. I never lose any sleep haha.

Cheek of it is that in the past I used to get nagged at for parking my work van in the carpark as it "brought the tone of the place down".

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Jack it up and pull a wheel off that is specifically on your property and play the long game. job jobbed dicks will soon wind their neck in however does not lead to good neighbour relations.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
True , but they already reversed into his car. I suppose if it gets to the point of them deliberately damaging cars etc , its a lost cause. Problem is that most people don't value their cars as much as we do so you're at their mercy.

Dammed if you do , dammed if you don't.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Even looking at the photo of the BM is making me angry! It would completely do my head in coming home to that. I can't understand how anyone would have the nerve!

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Go find the trampiest looking **** heap (or a ScEnE Dub) with tax and a test on gumtree and go park it as close to their property as you legally can and keep it there.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Even looking at the photo of the BM is making me angry! It would completely do my head in coming home to that. I can't understand how anyone would have the nerve!

Melting our heads and we have put up with it now for few years. Tbh the BMW one isn't the worst of them. I'll hopefully get more pics when they do it again.

We have arranged for some to come out and value the house - going to sell up and move try and find something detached

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
We're looking at building in the country for this exact reason (or buying a small farm house or similar). We're sick of neighbours attempting to cause crap. Last year our neighbours had a 3 day - yes 3 day party. Non stop. It even involved the oxygen thieves having to call out an ambulance only to tell them to "**** off" and scream at the poor people. Even if they had said to us - we're having a big party fair enough I maybe could have dealt with it but jesus. Farm house/ fully detached on half or 1 acre of land with a 2-3 car garage is the way forward.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
This was the two culprits today!!!

Couldn't get a good photo as they were coming out of the house when I saw them parked over driveway

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 316

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Melting our heads and we have put up with it now for few years. Tbh the BMW one isn't the worst of them. I'll hopefully get more pics when they do it again.

We have arranged for some to come out and value the house - going to sell up and move try and find something detached

Just be careful you don't end up with the same problem , there are dickheads in all walks of life.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
That's the plan wes been taking photos at every given opportunity and once I have a good collection I'll email them the reason :grinning:

Reactions: wes

johnm

RMS Regular
That pic with the mini just shows they are only blocking your drive so they dont block the van in their own drive!

I'd be straight in and telling them to move it now or the tow rope is getting thrown round a lower control arm and its getting trailed out of the way

Get one of these for the end of your drive on the street to stop them
http://www.barriersdirect.co.uk/bollards-c1022/steel-bollards-c1032

Even better, just bolts in.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bollard-D...851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33975a5973

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Is be parking your van in front of that red one next door and seeing how they like it.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
After seeing them mma videos of you knocking seven bells out of someone on another thread I'd be parking at least 2 streets away !

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Feck the management company, you need to go round and make it 100% clear how pissed off you are and that you will not tolerate any more of it. No threats, no shouting, just tell them that you've had enough and you won't put up with anymore of it. If he asks 'what are you going to do about it', just ignore it and walk away.

If that doesn't work, start parking your van in his driveway every night!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.