Parking over driveway

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Hows about park in your own driveway and leave the nose of your van poking out all the time ?, park tight against the wall. so that mini can not get in that position

However, you can still use your driveway were that mini is positioned, not really a huge issue. Apart from it annoying you.
Its part and parcel of living in a area were your all on top of each other. Especially when its common enough for a family to have at least 3 cars

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
That would drive me mad, unfortunately it is indicative of people nowadays they just don't give a toss about anyone but themselves.

We had these parking issues for years when I lived at home and it's not fun, lucky with where we live now no issues. Hope you get it sorted.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Here is the newest carry on over the weekend!!! Grrrr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 286

Marc

RMS Moderator

I reckon you knock on their door and ask them nicely not to park over your driveway and park in their designated space, wouldnt get ****ty with them as they are your neighbour and having **** neighbours would be worse in the long run I reckon.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Ridiculous. You can get out, but even still...

Tried sticking a few cones out or do you reckon that wouldn't work?

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
@Coog - no there are far too many kids in the cull de sac they would punch them for football nets. (I found my bin half way down the street one night being used as a goal post!!

@Marc - we have tried believe me. They have no respect for other people. It's so hard not to go and slap him but I'll be worse in the world if I did

We have now put the house on the market and looking at a detached property now

Fed up

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Pretty sure I heard that it's illegal to block someone leaving their property , but not illegal to block someone into their property.

Tommy

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo
The house next door to us has 3 cars and a driveway that would fit 3 cars but not one of them uses it. They would rather park in front of my house, it makes no sense. Looking forward to getting the Passat back because I'm going to make it hard for them.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
It's not illegal to park infront of someones house. You don't own the road. However deliberately preventing someone from leaving their property and thus access to the highway is. Parking at your house when they've room at their own is just plain ignorant.

I would sometimes leave my car at the bottom of the drive if she's going to need to leave and I couldn't be arsed moving the car (single lane drive, yet stupidly long enough for 4 cars), but plenty of room for other neighbours to get in and out of their own drives. If anyone has seen the pictures on my Instagram you'll see plenty of room.

Tommy

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo
I think its all down to common decency, rather than legality. We park in the driveway because the street is narrow and with cars parked on both sides of the road there is only room for one car to move at a time.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne

I don't see a problem there? or is it just me ?
By the looks of that photo there's plenty of room to get in & out of your drive?

It's not as if he's blocking your access.

It's also a bit OTT to be complaining about a few kids using your wheelie bin to use as goalposts!
You sound like the grumpy old man of the area.

Last edited:

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
I don't see a problem there? or is it just me ?
By the looks of that photo there's plenty of room to get in & out of your drive?

It's not as if he's blocking your access.

he is blocking a third of my driveway...... get your eyes tested!!

I didnt say anything about my car being block more along the lines it makes it awkward for the wife to get into our garage because the lack of respect the neightbours have.

you'll always get one.....

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.