Parking over driveway

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Everytime I say they just move it with the usual Yeh okay. Fuking boils my water.

White van was parked a good bit over and the wife had difficulty getting Into our garage. I pulled up just behind her and thought I'm not gonna say anything.

Then I saw the guy standing by the van smoking. (Friend of neighbours) As politely as I could I just said 'move your fuking van your blocking my drive and I'm blocking my neighbours drive! Without a word from him he just got in his van and moved it forward

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well that was the last straw - now in hands of estate agents to sell it

Shame about that, but really, with people like that it is probably the right thing, if you have the option. If there is no talking to them, and they obviously see nothing wrong in what they are doing, then there is nothing for it. Not worth an ulser or worse, just get out if you can.

Tigerfood (y)

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
If you're in your drive and someone is blocking your drive , they are breaking the law. If you aren't in your drive and you are being blocked from getting in , they aren't
breaking the law. (I think)

Aren't they both the same thing? If they can't leave, then they're blocked in. :confounded:

Überdub

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab VW French
It's also a bit OTT to be complaining about a few kids using your wheelie bin to use as goalposts!
You sound like the grumpy old man of the area.
Why? What does your bin have to do with someone else's kids and why should they feel that they can drag it down the road to use it? Let them get their own stuff to make goalposts. If the parents don't keep them right you end up dealing with two generations of asshats.

They shouldn't be playing football in the street anyway. That's what back gardens and parks are for. If the parents don't want a selection of the neighbourhood's kids in their own back gardens then it's fair to assume that other residents probably don't want them in the street either. You shouldn't have to keep watching your car to make sure a ball isn't hitting it. It's tedious.

Thankfully we've had perfect peace and quiet where we are (almost all the neighbours are senior citizens) and I don't know how well I'd deal with it if neighbours or their kids were being bell-ends. The only time we've had to talk to a kid is in the last year and he belongs to the only house in the street which has been rented out. He was ringing doorbells and hiding - wasn't even ringing ours but I reckon people in their seventies don't need that crap.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I'm not sure I would have been able to handle it as well as you have up until now. Someone parked over the front of my garage last night and I was fit to be tied

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
I'm not sure I would have been able to handle it as well as you have up until now. Someone parked over the front of my garage last night and I was fit to be tied

Problem is if I resort to hitting him I get done and wouldn't be allowed to fight again. Plus the wife won't let me lol

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Well good news is we have a some viewers end of week already and the guy hasn't even taken photos yet for the website. Mind you its in a sought after area (don't ask me why as I disagree lol)

RoniN

RMS Regular
Can you park your van/car where the neighbours are parking over your drive so they can't park there and have to park somewhere else.
If they are parked there when you get home ask them to move then park park your van/car where they just moved from.

Cheers

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
@charly - we have found a detached house we like but it has a bid against it already. So rushing to sell outs and get it

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When it sells and before you move out I'd take to parking on his drive and blocking them back in the same way.

The way they come across, they probably would not understand anyway, or make any sort or connection to themselves...

Tigerfood.

conorc

RMS Regular
Drives
2008 Ford Fiesta
Buy a cheap run around and park it in your drive, everytime they block it in call the police and get them to ticket the car at least. May discourage them after a few fines!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
If I were you I'd pay it a few visits in the evenings and weekends (if it's dry) and see what the new street is like. If your "bad" neighbours that's the main reason you are moving , you need to be sure it's not the same in the new house. It's something I never thought of when I moved , I just assumed that a nicer place meant nicer people but bad neighbours can be everywhere. Aparently before I moved in , the last owners (both deaf) had all the kids using the garage door as a goal. As they were deaf they were oblivious but the other neighbor said the noise of the ball hitting the garage door was wild. Think I ruined their regular playground when I moved in ! I was pretty raging for the 1st few weeks till they got to know to stay out. Some younger ones still stray in , as I'm on the corner and made my drive a bit bigger they seem to naturally be drawn to it. I keep thinking of buying a gate but don't want the inconvenience of opening it , and an electric one would be a bit much for the area.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
I dont believe you are considering selling your house along with all the expenses involved just because the neighbours are parking over your drive...a simple phone call to the police to complain about them blocking your driveway should have them moved and warned not to do it in future

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Plus , no one wants to live with a bad atmosphere. It's nice to be able to approach a neighbours with a problem and get the reply "yeah mate , that's no problem , sorry about that". But that's my worry with the OP. To me most problems shouldn't even need to be discussed , like they should already know not to block someone's drive , or let their kids run riot. But I worry this will still be the issue no matter where you move to unless it's in the countryside as there are aholes in every street.

brendy

RMS Regular
post a ***** through their front door as before you leave
Flaming bag of dog poop
The flaming bag of dog poop is one of the most masterful strategies ever laid out in prank warfare. The prank works as follows: poop (or ****, whatever) in a basic brown bag (the kind you may have eaten lunch out of as a kid), then put the bag on the porch of your arch nemesis, finally light the top of the bag on fire, ring the doorbell (or knock) and RUN BITCH RUN! to a pre-set hiding/viewing location. If all went as planned the victim will see the flaming bag and be all like "ahh fire!" followed by a quick stomping of the bag. With all factors included the person is about to have some very ****ty shoes(booya!). Otherwise known as: The flaming bag of dog ****, the flaming **** bag, the bag o' molten ****.
Mary: Nice shoes John, they new?
John: They were 'till some kid pulled the ol' flaming bag of dog poop.

-herc-

RMS Regular
OP
H
Lol cheers all..

We are selling for more reasons than just parking over the driveway. Some being - atmosphere, damage to my leon, ****ty arsehole neighbours, no front garden, it's four floors and we don't use the top floor!!

We have found two houses detached with electric gate entry. Surprisingly we have a viewer tonight, 2 tomorrow and 2next week. It's only going live on the website today.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good neighbours here, thankfully. But we are surrounded by five schools, and the school run mess is absolutely manic, lol :grinning:

Could be another thing to look out for. But hey, we live with other people, surrounded by things like schools and churches and whatnot, there is always going to be someone or something stupid.

Actually tried to leave just now, only to find a people carrier parked slap bang across the entire driveway, on the pavement, lol. Two kids still in the back, nobody else to be seen. Happens all the time around this time of day, thankfully at least they rarely stay long.

No point arguing with them, I just let them on their way.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.