Project Impreza - heading for 400

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Piston kits for the calipers now bought , new seals , stainless bleed nipples and new pad retaining kits , 3 complete sets will be available for sale this week if anyone knows of someone needing them (y)

Will do proper for sale thread with decent pics once they are built up

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
total nightmare of a week off, was supposed to be dedicated to the subaru , but instead my daily driver decided to give up the ghost,

anyway, got over to @PeteMoore today to get my decat downpipe altered (y)

1.jpg

Needed an old EGT bung ground out and replaced with a fresh one, then a second bung installed for my wideband so i can tune (y)

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

well chuffed (y)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 59

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Only just noticing this thread after I took a fancy for a classic shape Impreza tonight. After doing a bit of digging on RMS & discovering this thread I don't think il bother! lol

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Only just noticing this thread after I took a fancy for a classic shape Impreza tonight. After doing a bit of digging on RMS & discovering this thread I don't think il bother! lol
A bad one will break your heart , patience and bank balance , if you get a good one you will love it.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Dammit Barry, I thought we were getting an update!!

I have spent the last seven months sorting my working life out , my last job was getting me down big time , I got a new job with better money and some good people , so updates will start again soon , I have leave to take so will be getting stuck in (y)

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
I have spent the last seven months sorting my working life out , my last job was getting me down big time , I got a new job with better money and some good people , so updates will start again soon , I have leave to take so will be getting stuck in (y)
Perfectly understandable,
Undertook a job change in June/July there myself and all projects have ground to a halt since, unfortunately I have no leave to take being on a temporary contract atm.
Hope the new job is going well (y)

Ps, Any spare shells? lol

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Perfectly understandable,
Undertook a job change in June/July there myself and all projects have ground to a halt since, unfortunately I have no leave to take being on a temporary contract atm.
Hope the new job is going well (y)

Ps, Any spare shells? lol

Cheers , new job going well and things looking up :grinning:

Yes the silver shell is there still , I'm just keeping it for nuts and bolts really , if you wanted to chop bits out of or for track car it would do the job

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Just read the whole thread expecting a finished car haha.

Aw well great read hope you get it on the road soon!

johnm

RMS Regular
Glad your back at it man.
I've a power steering leak on mine at the minute that I need to find.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Just read the full 22pages!!

Superb work on your own, love to be as handy with the tools as you are.

Gutted when you binned the silver one.. But the blue one is much nicer, although can't see it being trashed as much compare to the silver one when it gets up and running lol

Can't wait to see it finished now!! :grinning:

schoolboy

RMS Regular
Are good classics getting harder to get these days? They used to be common on the roads.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Just read the full 22pages!!

Superb work on your own, love to be as handy with the tools as you are.

Gutted when you binned the silver one.. But the blue one is much nicer, although can't see it being trashed as much compare to the silver one when it gets up and running lol

Can't wait to see it finished now!! :grinning:

The silver shell is still tucked up in the shed , with all the parts there to get it rolling again, it would make a good track build or something, but for a good straight road car i wanted a real tidy shell.
Cheers for the comments :grinning: i cant wait to see it finished myself (y)

Are good classics getting harder to get these days? They used to be common on the roads.

Very much so, there are a few really smashing examples tucked away , @Paddy_R mica red one and @Neil@rockvale had a super white one, but good ones are thin on the ground

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Also got to see the 500bhp+ ESL demo wagon
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And the course was run by the guys who actually design and develop the hardware/software I'll be using for mapping.

image.jpeg

Left my ECU with them also to be posted to me this week with the Motorsport pack added to it , which means Anti lag , launch control , flatfoot shifting etc. ... Good times ahead

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
As a Wee taste of what's to come this the kamikaze racing Impreza launching on the dyno, running the ESL ECU

Last edited:

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Well done on passing the mapping course, no stopping you now!

As Craig says, get the finger out (although im one to talk!)
If I put my impreza back on the road, I'd be seriously tempted by a TD05, bigger injectors and a nice map.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Lol cheers (y)
It's more like an insight into the process rather than a qualification to map TBH but it's def shed a lot of light on some of the bits I wasn't just certain about , got an email to say the ECU should be with me tomorrow , so hopefully get an "anti lag in the shed with no wheels on" session over the weekend :p

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Brilliant! Would love to see that!
Make sure you take a video or two.

On a side note, got any spare front wings?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Yes have a few there , no idea of condition but def not rusty will dig them out if you need , what you after

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.