Project Impreza - heading for 400

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
I am reluctant to start hacking my loom , def gonna try sorting the brackets first , should be straightforward enough once I get the measurements right , read a few articles were folk have riveted the new brackets to save welding so near the glass, so that would be an option

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Got one here too you can borrow if you need it. Might be a bit out of your way tho, but anything to help (y)

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Got one here too you can borrow if you need it. Might be a bit out of your way tho, but anything to help
Much appreciated mate , but the amount of times I'll need to pull it and refit .....

Stumbled across this big yoke :grinning:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420118889.621678.jpg

If this doesn't lift what I need lifted then I prob shouldn't be lifting it

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
7610 , has the crush on at the minute but usually on straw choppin duties :grinning:

Yea the crane is a useful thing to have , this one is real heavy duty the ram is in great nick and it's solid as a rock , needs a wire brush and lick of paint be that's cosmetic only

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Commisioned the new engine crane to check all was working / lifting / lowering and there was no probs, prefer to find out now rather than when im lying under the car :p

0301.jpeg

Dropped the Gearbox in , this one pic took up most of the morning as there was a cross threaded nut on the chassis which took for ever to tap out

0301_3.jpeg

Then in with the engine

0301_2.jpeg

0301_4.jpeg

Starter motor on

0301_5.jpeg

Power steering pump on and alt belt on and tensioned, so just intake and intercooler and battery and we should be fit to turn the key :grinning:

0301_6.jpeg

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Got the Airbox on

0501_1.jpg

and the intercooler on

0501_2.jpg

Then the rookie error, thinking i had everything buttoned up and connected i could start her to hear the engine running in the new car , and realised the chassis loom is different between years , and likely between JDM and UK spec also, so there is no power to the back of the car .... where the fuel pump is.. (n)

anyway it turns over nicely if thats any consolation :worried:

next on the list to get the chassis loom out of the donor car and onto the new shell

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
i was for swapping the loom next anyhow, but just wanted to hear the burble to keep motivation up lol (y)

yes just me (y) , that way there is no one else to blame when something explodes :eek:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Remind me what the end goal is with regards to the shell. Are you getting it driving, then going to paint it at a later date?

Also, what did you ever decide career wise? Did you pack in the IT in favour of the farming?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Remind me what the end goal is with regards to the shell. Are you getting it driving, then going to paint it at a later date?

Also, what did you ever decide career wise? Did you pack in the IT in favour of the farming?

getting it running is the short term goal, once its running and everything is working it will be fully stripped , powdercoated and polybushed.

Im still stuck in front of computers 9-5 currently, farming wasn't financially realistic unfortunately

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Rare enough car Jordan , what year ? Why breaking her ?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Pulled out the seats , rear bench and up with the carpet , to get at the chassis loom , found £2.85 , a lip balm and a japenese sweetie ... Proper mighty car mods human slime :grinning:

More coins found after this pic

image.jpg

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
Dislodged the last of the chassis loom :worried: horrendous job , very fiddly with a load of clips

image.jpg

Anyway put it in the blue car and connected up the fuel pump and it.....

....made absolutely no difference!

Fuel pump is not priming still so there's a problem somewhere along the line

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
More than likely a missed connector , blowen fuse , bad earth or possibly relay , not too worried but was too cold and damp to do any more so I called it a day.

Have the multimeter primed and ready lol

No immobiliser on the JDM as far as I know

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
ok , so real funny story about the fuel pump not priming .....

Started at the front and worked my way back,

Check all fuses in the bay, check connections on the bay loom, moved into the cabin, check the main fuse board, all ok so far,

so out with the wheel,
2601-3.jpg

pull the dash
2601-2.jpg

double check all connections everything looks ok, so work on back check all earths on chassis loom, and then move onto the pump itself... behind the rear seat
2601-1.jpg

yea.. so that would probably cause it not to prime. Its been removed!

No a big deal (bar the insane loss of time) i had a complete unit sitting from a car i broke,
2601-5.jpg

2601-4.jpg

And installed

2601-6.jpg

So ignition on and we are getting the pump priming , pulled a hose in the bay and we are getting fuel there too, plugs are wet , but we have no spark,

No Spark , no start, was dosed with the bug the rest of the weekend , but will start diagnosing the no spark issue this week see if we cant get it running. hopefully its not as dumb as the pump problem :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.