Rat Rod ZX

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Picked this up on Friday for the scally rally.
'94 Citroen ZX 1.4i. Similar engine to the 205 XS I had a while back except fuel injected instead of carb. Goes rightly for a 1400, would hand the astra its ass on a backroad anyway :p

MOT'd on Friday night but it failed on a brake imbalance left to right on the front (out by 37%), should be easy enough fixed (any ideas?) - I reckon a brake bleed, clean up of the pistons and new pads would sort it... Passed on everything else. Not bad going for a £100 car @ Newtownards test centre :p

Bit of sludge in the coolant too. Not the best sign but so far no overheating so will drop a jar of stopleak in it and hope for the best :party:

IMG_0088.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Should be an interesting project :-#

Dave

RMS Regular
as i was saying before really mean crashed... 3dr and all coog, sporty!!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
She's sporty alright lol

Just the two of us, so plenty of space for gear, spare wheels, tools, etc

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
Probably better draining, flushing and putting in new coolant rather than botching it with radweld or whatever...

Loving the pink bumpers. Bit of heat gun should sort those out. ;)

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye, I quickly flushed to see whats going on. Will do a complete change after MOT.

Its probably getting roller painted or rusted up (if we can) so not worried about pink bumpers :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Tis indeed. We got a free spider, empty box of Marboro Lights and two fag lighters too (y)

Quite the bargain lol

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I haven't been in one of these for years, but I remember hoofing a 1.9TD Volcane too fast down a back road and being amazed how well they handled (y)

Twain

RMS Regular
fingers crossed it passes MOT on the re-test. Any ideas of how to make it look like an old ratty hot rod please fire away as we may be stumped with rusting it if the shell is galvanised.

JonnyM

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW MINI
fingers crossed it passes MOT on the re-test. Any ideas of how to make it look like an old ratty hot rod please fire away as we may be stumped with rusting it if the shell is galvanised.

Matt black paint with flames from the wheel arches and lower the front!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Headlights yellow is a great idea!!

Will do that :laughing: (y)

It's all on a very tight budget so we can't really splash out on anything for it like a roof rack. Would be handy to stick the second spare wheel to though...

Brakes sorted so time for retest. Wish us luck :p

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Could just drill a length of threaded bar and bolt it right enough (y)

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Could just drill a length of threaded bar and bolt it right enough (y)

Put the spare wheel on the bonnet and a shovel on the boot lid... retro style like the old Safari Rally/London to Sydney cars.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.