Rat Rod ZX

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Never too good to destroy :p

Reliability is going to be a big factor in this, thinking about it earlier... hell of a lot of miles to expect a scrap car to do in such a short time. Time to get the spanners out and make sure we're going to make it!!!

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Found those 2 roof bars for the Pug 306 if you want them, they should fit the Zx, couldn't find the fixing clamps though, but you could weld them on!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
That would be great. Someone has kindly offered a set already but its not 100% yet so if they can't get them to us then we would love to take them off you and just weld them on.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
ive got myself a mint mk3 golf for this but i think its a waste to distroy it lol im away to have a think lol l

Never too good to destroy :p

please dont destroy it, mk3s are great cars and can be awesome

id say you could shift it for a profit and get a car that will never be nice like a citroen zx or astra 1,4 or mondeo or felicia or something rofl

whats the info on the mk3 im after a wee vw project myself here?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Keep it if its a GTi or VR6 obviously...

Lower it on 13's and flog it on, don't forget to include scene tax £££ :p

Otherwise get the demolition hat on (y)

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
i got it thinking happy days a good reliable car however with a good valet and polish the wee car would be mint, there is 161000 miles and she is a 1.6 cl 4 door with full electrics and she is a flying machine thats why im in to minds to destroy it for the rally lol

im still looking something that deserves destroying so if something comes along ill sell the golf

a quick picture taken outside SSI after i picked it up

image010xr.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Look at the rust on it! Give it a dam good scallying Darragh :p (y)

My Brother in-law passed me last years scally DVD recorded by RPM. It looks feckin epic!

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
the rust is only one the one side lol and when cleaned wont look as bad lol ill keep looking but if not ill scally the life out of the golf lol i just need ideas now

what else you doing to the zx?

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Craig - got the Scally Rally hotels pack via email this morning. So will have to have a look and see if we can find campsites close by to the hotels as I don't want to be stuck too far away from the rest of the teams.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Yeah got it last night too, havent had a chance to check nearest campsites but I agree... want to stay fairly close if possible, though by the looks of it there may not be a central area as there is a choice of several hotels at each spot, just a nearest town.

What you's doing on the Belfast evening? I think we are to sign up one evening then leave Belfast for Ballybofey the next morning. I think I might stay at home... nip down, sign-up have a bit of craic then go home then back down in the morning...

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Just realised that you can register on the Friday morning by prior arrangement. Might do that instead...

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Mmmm we'll probably go up on the Thursday night for the craic and come home to sleep and head off then on the trip on Fri am.

Our two teams are all from Bangor and the PwC guys live in Belfast so I guess they will do the same.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.