RMS Trip to the Ring 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Have I got this wrong somewhere?

Flights, Dub - Frankfurt 12/4/16 - 15/4/16 = £57 each (£114 total)
Hotel, ****Hotel Niederraeder Hof 12/4/16 - 15/4/16 = £99
Car Hire, 1 Day = £33, 4 Day = £83
Race car rental, 1 Lap all inclusive Clio 200 Cup Race Car, BigGarage.de = £110.10

Total = £356.10 (Or £406.10 with 4 day car rental)

Seems like a cheap break away. Is there stuff around Frankfurt to keep the missus happy?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just the one lap in that price... You will want to do more! :grinning:

There may be other rental charges for more than one lap than just paying tickets. Check the fineprint.

And they will know how many laps you actually did.

Good car for it though.

Probably need to add fuel as well.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You can do a basic rental or 'all inclusive'. All inclusive includes laps and a tank of fuel and basic rental excludes that obviously :p

You take the car, lap as much as you can within an allocated time frame and pay upon return (that's how it works in rent4ring anyway)

We have the Swift for half a day so I'd hope that would be 4-6 laps depending on conditions and if there's any accidents. Could also quite easily land down there and spend half the day waiting for the place to open!

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
We're currently located in Northern Ireland, cold and miserable is the norm :p

I was aiming for April time.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
April will be nice. At Christmas you'll need a snow mobile lol

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
April will be nice. At Christmas you'll need a snow mobile lol
or alternatively------- much more fun!
tgsnowpl.jpg

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
I thought winter laps of the 'ring were a rarity anyway? I honestly don't know that much about it, I'm just going by what I've read from a few websites.

I'll need to take the rallye to a couple of trackskills days beforehand if I do decide to go. I haven't driven around a track in anger in 8/9 years. I even think Kirky would put the ****s up me these days with people gunning for sub 60sec laps wizzing passed my little 1.3.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
We're currently located in Northern Ireland, cold and miserable is the norm :p

I was aiming for April time.

Trust me, Germany/Belgium/Holland in winter is a whole new level of cold and miserable! The 'Ring can be bad enough when it is damp, add frost and it gets really interesting :p

Is it even open in December/January?

Good thinking on the shopping front though, just go at Easter instead (y)

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@Cartunes Yep, got the same.

Only back from London today after being away with the brother for the now traditional weekend of drinking and NFL. It's been an expensive month already after that but really looking forward to it.

Also @Cooper @Coog @nigelmcg don't forget to charge your radios. Also anybody else joining us Binatone radios from Argos (I paid about £20 for mine) are really handy for communication between the cars when on the move. I'll bring both my Binatone ones so there might the a spare for one car.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.