RMS Trip to the Ring 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'll be driving through some Europe at the end of August so could well take a jaunt to the Ring.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Haven't looked that closely at the dates yet but sometime in May and September/October will be when I hope to go...

Looks like first weekend of May, Nigel. I'll go to either May or September ones it just depends on who's going and when really. You mentioned September was a bit quieter which may suit me better plus if @Arfur is going then that might swing me to waiting until then.

@Cooper you any plans?

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Looks like first weekend of May, Nigel. I'll go to either May or September ones it just depends on who's going and when really. You mentioned September was a bit quieter which may suit me better plus if @Arfur is going then that might swing me to waiting until then.

@Cooper you any plans?
No plans as yet, a 'hope to' at this stage!

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
I'll have to plan mine around the school holidays, i'm thinking first week of april is too early/wet (but could be wrong). Not sure if we are off may bank holidays but they could be a goer but a tight 3/4 day travel and then leaves late june/july/august open

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI

@Cooper you any plans?
A September trip would suit me better but it's to early to stamp a definate on it just yet. I'd say I'll probably be there tho!!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'm up for it this year. Might even have a supercharged Jaaaaaaaaag if all goes to plan.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
I'll have to plan mine around the school holidays, i'm thinking first week of april is too early/wet (but could be wrong). Not sure if we are off may bank holidays but they could be a goer but a tight 3/4 day travel and then leaves late june/july/august open

Sorry for the hijack. did you get a teaching job mate?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Yes I'm budgeting about a grand all in. Don't forget you need to align with the tourestfahren days, you can't just rock up any time. There's one early may and loads of weekends but haven't really looked into other dates.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Have just priced a flight over and renting the R26r for 10-12 laps between 2 people. Works out around £300 pp for the car. Another £200 for flights. Then fuel, human fuel & accomm. £700-800?!

Could be worth it for a first time trip, get a small feel for the track before binning your own car on the first corner :p

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Have just priced a flight over and renting the R26r for 10-12 laps between 2 people. Works out around £300 pp for the car. Another £200 for flights. Then fuel, human fuel & accomm. £700-800?!

Could be worth it for a first time trip, get a small feel for the track before binning your own car on the first corner :p

As I said on fb....it's happening :laughing::cool:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr

Flies to Germany, hires French car. What are you thinking man?! :rolleyes:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There seems to be quite a few Swifts out from these guys:

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/

Needless to say that if you bin anything, including a hire car it's a wallet crippling experience.

I'm going slow & steady this time (and next few times too) and going to try a couple of track days in the car before I go to get a feel for it. More than likely take the Yaris (much to the amusement of everyone I've told so far) as it's less likely to muller me in a crash, has a decent boot for stuff and should make it without skittering itself on the autobahn. Just ordered a set of decent tyres for it and essentially I'm ready to go.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.