RMS Trip to the Ring 2015

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
There seems to be quite a few Swifts out from these guys:

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/

Needless to say that if you bin anything, including a hire car it's a wallet crippling experience.

I'm going slow & steady this time (and next few times too) and going to try a couple of track days in the car before I go to get a feel for it. More than likely take the Yaris (much to the amusement of everyone I've told so far) as it's less likely to muller me in a crash, has a decent boot for stuff and should make it without skittering itself on the autobahn. Just ordered a set of decent tyres for it and essentially I'm ready to go.

x2

No point taking a dear car especially first time

Id love to get the Corsa sorted and head over but gona play it by ear as Im sure the boss will want to go somewhere over the summer which will drain funds :p

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Still have it! Sorn atm though

Get fed up with all the bull$hit on FB? lol

It was seriously good value I reckoned... If it had of been a month or so later when my Corsa got sick I would have been down for a nosey

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Get fed up with all the bull$hit on FB? lol

It was seriously good value I reckoned... If it had of been a month or so later when my Corsa got sick I would have been down for a nosey

This one is for sale for £2200 atm. Lurgan based. Not idea why it is so cheap though as when I seen it for the first time there wasn't a mark on it, second time it was a good going car (not as good as mine though :p).

http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/my-new-megane-225-cup-edition.151671/

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I will need to start doing the research, my wife got me the rent a race car expierience - 6 laps in gt86. The nurburgring is insured, however the car requires a whopping 8,9k excess. Will need to contact them to see what the nurburgring insurance covers and what other insurances could be obtained. Actually ****ting myself already :laughing:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Have just priced a flight over and renting the R26r for 10-12 laps between 2 people. Works out around £300 pp for the car. Another £200 for flights. Then fuel, human fuel & accomm. £700-800?!

Could be worth it for a first time trip, get a small feel for the track before binning your own car on the first corner :p

Me + M5 +the Ring = Certain death lol

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Booked...

Myself and Brian (Fish)

Leaving Stenaline 7.30 am on Wed 29th of April, Belfast to Cairnryan...

P&O Ferries 9pm on Wed 29th of April, Hull to Rotterdam...

Arrive at Nurburg at lunchtime on Thursday 30th staying three nights at the Renn Hotel, Nurburg.(£231)

Leave Nurburg on Sunday 3rd May afternoon for 9pm sailing from Rotterdam back to Hull.

Get off the boat in Hull on Monday and drive to Cairnryan.

Get Stenaline 3.30 pm boat home from Cairnryan to Belfast.

Boats booked through Nutt Travel 028 7035 1199 at a cost of £550 for both of us...

So £781 for ferries and accomodation split between the two of us...

ANYONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN US.... :0)

Nigel

Last edited:

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
Ring will be open Thursday night, all day Friday, all day Saturday and all day Sunday...

Thursday night and Friday up till lunchtime will probably be the best (quietest) days...but as I've said before I enjoy the weekend madness too...lol

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've been told I might be off to India 2nd two weeks in April. If it doesn't go ahead for whatever reason then I'll prob get it booked too.

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
@Cooper Just read that, luckily we will arrive in April before the new (rumoured) pricing is implemented in May, I'll buy my laps on the Thursday night just to be sure...

The weekend I have chosen isn't a Green Hell Weekend, never going back to one of those as I've seen enough of the Ring carpark to do me a lifetime...lol

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
I thought that weekend would be a Green Hell one?

Green Hell Weekends are normally 4 full days in a row, and as it didn't include Monday as a full day I thought it wouldn't be a GHW...

Maybe it will be, but there is no mention of it on the official site...

Brian and I deliberately avoided the GHW in October last year by going in September but it was just as bunged...

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
Was hoping I could have joined you there Nigel, I don't finish school until the friday, nightmare! Any ideas what easter would be like i.e the start of april would be like @nigelmcg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I'm thinking of August time as I would like to go to Spa for the Grand Prix. I wouldn't be flying either, the time I went it was a hoot driving so I would be taking the car on the ferry and enjoying the autobahn :grinning:

nigelmcg

RMS Regular
Drives
991.2 GT3 RS
@Cro The Ring is busy all the time now, there are few weekends where it is open all weekend, so when one comes up people come from all over Europe for them...

Easter will be busy as it's open Saturday, Sunday and Monday...

We are leaving on a Wednesday so we get the Thursday night there which should be quiet before the madness of the weekend, although I'm sure I'm not the only person to have thought this...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Car needs a 16vT first :cool:

Just make it a 20vT and be done :p

I'm for Spa at the start of April.

Public day, or one of the organised private days?

Was at Spa a few years ago with Bookatrack, one of the best track weekends ever. Two full days, open pit lane, nice and quiet. Did well over 500 miles on track in those two days. Plus the 2x700+ miles there and back again :grinning:

October maybe a better bet possibly?

Might be quieter later in the year, out of the big holiday periods... But would it not be high risk of cold and wet in October though?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.