RS Clio 172

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Picked this little handful up about a fortnight ago! Absolutely loving it so far, sticks to the road so well and plenty of power to scare the be-je-sus out of me! :p Been looking for one for a while now and insurance has finally decided to be kind to me.

Born Dec '03 with 35k so still pretty fresh! I wouldn't be the biggest fan of silver but this has a slight shade of blue to it so I'm coming round to it - colour is called Iceberg.

It's got plenty of gadgets - climate control, cruise control, auto zenons/wipers, etc

Mods include a K-tec backbox, k&n induction kit, Eibach springs, carbon bits all over and a coat of paint of the standard wheels.

Future plans are to drive and enjoy it :cool: Few plans to tidy parts up but nothing major.

Gave it a good clean today - a run with lime prime using the DA then a coat of Supernatural, the silver comes up not too bad :cool:

4891309065_1982065ce3_b.jpg

4891910306_1a706bca19_b.jpg

4891311987_465c398f2d_b.jpg

4891911730_078fc1ae10_b.jpg

4891313301_0b8b9eaf51_b.jpg

4891908734_4930594f50_b.jpg

4891905990_d8c4d42422_b.jpg

4891908120_67f1bc6f22_b.jpg

4891309561_51cb2abb7c_b.jpg

4891907554_98ec1c9d08_b.jpg

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Agreed. Perfect and stunning example. De-badge it and most people will think its a 1.2 at a glance. Everythings just great contrasting from rim colour, to interior to stickers. Really one of the best value for money cars out there.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i miss this car soooo much it was what got me hooked , i totally agree tho its perfect the way it is .... health to drive buddy car is an absoloute minter

nigel

ps its a k-tec recessed system cat back massive bore cat back

are you coming to the show in the ross park paul?

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
i miss this car soooo much it was what got me hooked , i totally agree tho its perfect the way it is .... health to drive buddy car is an absoloute minter

nigel

ps its a k-tec recessed system cat back massive bore cat back

are you coming to the show in the ross park paul?

Cheers Nigel! (y)

I meant to PM you back earlier but it slipped my mind - I'll be at the show tomorrow for a bit, would be good to get a chat with you buddy! (y)

Davney

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline r33 gts-
welcome to the sport side paul. very lovely car so it is. health to enjoy dude. have to get a good look at it next time am up home so i will. they goooo very well dont they. hope you enjoy it dude!!

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
That is one fine example of a 172! I was lucky enough to get a run in it when Jonto was selling it but not quite lucky enough to be able to afford it at the time (n)

Health to drive (y)

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
ahh good speaking to you yesterday

great we car looking at it yesterday made me wonder why i sold it

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
awesome looking wee motor....i never really rated them in silver but i really like that. (y)

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Cheers for the comments peeps! Aero wipers have been ordered and are on their way. Also took the stickers off the bumpers...

welcome to the sport side paul. very lovely car so it is. health to enjoy dude. have to get a good look at it next time am up home so i will. they goooo very well dont they. hope you enjoy it dude!!

Cheers Davy! I'm well pleased with it! I hope the 200 is treating you well!

Good to see you got one Paul :grinning:

That is a fantastic example! :grinning:

Cheers Niall - about time I say :cool:

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Fairly done the rounds this wee car in little over a year!

The dark wheels have made the world of difference to it.

Gary

Davney

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline r33 gts-
she's going well thanks. wee car looks mint dude. is there good sound from the ktr exhaust?

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Looked fantastic earlier Paul, the noise off the ktr is lovely! Bet you're glad you're back to hot hatch

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
she's going well thanks. wee car looks mint dude. is there good sound from the ktr exhaust?

It's very nice indeed, I wouldn't want it any louder for daily driving but yet sounds amazing on up the rev band!

Looked fantastic earlier Paul, the noise off the ktr is lovely! Bet you're glad you're back to hot hatch

Cheers Brian - I didn't think you would have known it was me when you seen me this afternoon! Ah you have no idea, needed to get back to a good petrol hatch again! :laughing: The Astra is looking as good as every buddy! ;)

gherkin

RMS Member
Drives
Vauxhall VX220 T
I sed to own a 172 cup and I absolutely loved it, such great fun to drive. I have driven quicker cars since that were just nowhere near as much fun. Miss it. I think the combination of a decent whack of power and a small/ light car is great, being why I currently drive a VX220 Turbo (other owners cars thread).

ST Colin

RMS Regular
Drives
Czech Wagon
Very nice fella. That is one stunning 172.

My 182 is doin' my bap in at the minute, leaking water from the lower part of the doors, right thumb grip is ripped and falling apart, needs a front splitter and the grinding/creaking noise on full lock.

Col

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
I’ve been on a freshening spree recently with cleaning the car – I’d basically stripped the inside of the car to clean up 7 years of crap. The interior is standard so after a freshen up all it needed was a nice new set of mats, £50 later a nice new s****y set of Renault Sport mats!

I’ve also been working on the outside trying to sort out the badges situation. I’ve decided to change all the carbon badges back to the standard silver ones – I’ve already got and fitted the side strip 2.0 16v bullets and have the front diamond and rear Clio badge on order!

I got the first proper drive out in the car last night after finally getting it serviced earlier in the week – it felt good! After replacing the ball joints and front top mounts the car feels so much tighter in the corners, the drive out brought multiple smiles to my face!

A few pics to show the car as it currently sits with new aero wipers, new silver 2.0 16v bullets, new mats and standard light bulbs all round! (y)

Some might say I'm going the wrong way with the mods but I'm wanting the exterior and interior to be close the standard and then work from there with handling/performance... (y)

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-1-of-7.jpg

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-2-of-7.jpg

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-3-of-7.jpg

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-4-of-7.jpg

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-5-of-7.jpg

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-6-of-7.jpg

RS-Clio-172-25-09-10-7-of-7.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.