RS Clio 172

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
If you really fancy a change and would part with it for sensible money let me know. I'm just up to road too!

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Looks well. Was just talking to a lad today who was reminiscing about my old black / gold 182. Quite possibly the most fun and raw wee car I've owned. Still love the Renault Sport range and could be tempted back at some stage in the future.

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Looks lovely mate! I love a clean clio 172/182! They're such fun, I can;t believe I've had mine for over a year now, seems like only yesterday I got it.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
So the car is feeling a little fresher - just after a good service as MOT is up tomorrow. New disks/pads, a set of Rainsports and new rear Koni shocks have made all the difference in this crap weather!

Koni by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

Koni rear shocks by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

Brembo disks by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

Just hit 65k there too...

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Paul, I take it these shocks are an upgrade over the original? Larger disks as well or just replacement like-for-like?

r6kyl

RMS Regular
Drives
Tweed hat and sl
Lovely car and one of the best colours imo (love the darker wheels). Thought of changing to one myself but just not sure if i would miss the toyota too much :worried:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I would have another 172/182 in a heart beat. I would say it must be one of the most fun cars £/lb for £/lb that you could buy.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Think I saw this in Moira yesterday late morning? Looked lovely and clean, would near be tempted by one.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Awesome, really nice example. I'm going to arrange another meet and run up the coast probably in February time. I'll keep you posted if interested!

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
All new parts fitted and MOT passed at the start of December, still going great. Weird how I've had this car for 2 and a half years and it still pleases me! I'd came across a colleague selling his 1 owner GT TDI golf that has great mileage, but I just don't think I could do the whole diesel thing again just yet :-# so the Clio will stay!

Gave it a wash and a once over with Werkstat Acrylic Jett, should keep it protected for a month or so...

RS Clio 172 by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

Also been keeping track of the MPG. I've used the Road Trip LE app for the iPhone over 2,483 miles, when ran on BP Ultimate (97ron)

The app shows 36.25 MPG:

RS Clio 172 MPG by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

while the computer in the Clio reads 38.9 MPG:

RS Clio 172 MPG by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

That's a difference of 2.65 MPG... Though not as far off as many would believe on the Clio forums. Not a bad MPG for a chirpy 2.0 engine!

Also a little pic of all the needles and lights on, and a 160 mph reading ;)

RS Clio 172 - Dancing Needles and Lights! by paulmcmillen, on Flickr

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Oh and the typical mileage I do is a 10 mile round trip commute each day. Quite a few short journeys through the week, and then a few longer one at the weekend. Typically sits at 60/70 MPH on the motorway as any more does the ears in. Gets the odd blast to keep her breathing well :grinning:

Paul, I take it these shocks are an upgrade over the original? Larger disks as well or just replacement like-for-like?

I would have another 172/182 in a heart beat. I would say it must be one of the most fun cars £/lb for £/lb that you could buy.

Yip - the shocks are an upgrade over the originals, and after driving on them for about ~1k miles they feel great. Haven't got playing much with the settings though...

Cheap and cheerful, definitely not a car that will gain you an angry bank manager!

Think I saw this in Moira yesterday late morning? Looked lovely and clean, would near be tempted by one.

I commute through Moira every day so it probably was me! Though there is another Iceburg one in Lurgan, but it's standard height and silver wheels.

Awesome, really nice example. I'm going to arrange another meet and run up the coast probably in February time. I'll keep you posted if interested!

Yip - sure thing - keep me posted!

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Christmas is over. Whats it lit up like that for?!

It's a little fault finder trick that's on these cars. Just hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk and turn ignition to the second position or actually start the car. The needles go through a predefined sequence, and all lights come on. It'll show any logged faults, and also show:
- the amount of fuel left in the tank in litres.
- Fuel flow (the engine has to be running) This is in litres per hour.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?109201-The-Clio-Mk2-fault-finding-dashboard-trick

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Very nice Paul- Same as Harry, I always admire it every time you pass. The 'silver' is such a lovely shade on this.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.