RS Clio 172

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Very good touches. Looks really well (y) if I was to ever own one I would have to change the seats and steering wheel though

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Very good touches. Looks really well (y) if I was to ever own one I would have to change the seats and steering wheel though

You know what - I always thought the exact same! Before ownership I disliked the seats and steering wheel but after you drive it for a bit the seats are great and the sitting position suits me perfect! The steering wheels do get melted after a while so I'd love to change to an aftermarket one but I'd have to look and see where I could move the cruise control buttons to...

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
You know what - I always thought the exact same! Before ownership I disliked the seats and steering wheel but after you drive it for a bit the seats are great and the sitting position suits me perfect! The steering wheels do get melted after a while so I'd love to change to an aftermarket one but I'd have to look and see where I could move the cruise control buttons to...

If you arent on ClioSport.net, get on it. There is a guide on how to fit the cruise control to aftermarket steering wheels iirc!

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
paul ive a standard diamond in the house for the front you should have said ... also first dibs on ind kit if you want me to get you a standard airbox

nigel

Dan

RMS Regular
prefer the carbon bullets personally, just break up the silver bodywork but do love this car.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Cheers peeps (y)

Looking really well! Whats the performance plans you speak of? Lol

Not sure really as I need to look at the options - might be tempted by an RS Tuner, matched inlets and a different intake...

Wow, nice upgrade Paul! Health to drive it.

Cheers James - We need a catchup buddy! (y)

If you arent on ClioSport.net, get on it. There is a guide on how to fit the cruise control to aftermarket steering wheels iirc!

Cool - I'll have to look that up! I'm on CS - same username as here.

paul ive a standard diamond in the house for the front you should have said ... also first dibs on ind kit if you want me to get you a standard airbox

nigel

I'll be in touch soon Nigel - I fancy a standard/v6 airbox setup. Also I have a carbon engine cover here waiting for you if you fancy it ;)

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Looks awesome, it's one of my previous cars that I would potentially consider buying back at some stage if the chance arose.

Gary

Jonto

RMS Regular
Drives
finger up arse
ive the standard box here from the car mate if you want it cheap

LewB

RMS Regular
love this car, though definitely preferred with all the carbon on

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Seen this up at the cinema in Ballymena last night, looked really good. My GF didnt seem to remember me ever owning it. Gluebag.

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
New year update!

I'm coming up near the 6 month mark of ownership - still loving the car very much, still in the honeymoon period with it!
smiley14.gif

It's sporting a spot of damage – a nice cracked front splitter due to a lump of ice in the middle of the road that I could not avoid! ah well
smiley6.gif

Oh, and thanks to Jonto for getting me the standard airbox! (y)

Basically the spec list on the Clio as it stands is:

Engine:
K-tec 2.5" cat-back exhaust
Carbon fibre engine cover

Suspension:
Eibach springs

Wheels:
Re-sprayed standard 172 wheels

Exterior:
Carbon fibre front splitter
Carbon fibre exhaust shield
Wind deflectors

I have a list of things I'd like to do:
Fix splitter
New gearbox gator
182 boot luggage net
shorter arial
Window washer jets that "spray"
Megane light washer jets (maybe - need to look into it more)
Cup spoiler
Silver 16" Turinis
RS Tuner

Here's a few pics after it's first wash in over a month:

5320350550_1fe10a0b74.jpg

5320352294_a582b9d369.jpg

5320354038_a0aa87d7dd.jpg

Jola

RMS Regular
Lovely little 172. Your cleaning efforts may well be in vain as theres more snow forecast :mad:

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Just a few pictures after this mornings quick clean - wash, dry, hoover and then a coat of Jeffs Acryllic Trigger

5397553471_434561dd81_b.jpg

5398154628_59517c1256_b.jpg

5398155374_f7392e9b5e_b.jpg

5398156340_9fff3af9e9_b.jpg

5398157308_9329317ee7_b.jpg

5397557621_6e04a918dd_b.jpg

5398159082_866c7ac028_b.jpg

5397559703_0a87f63d4b_b.jpg

5398161022_f916e7563f_b.jpg

The splitter is really letting it down at the minute :worried:

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Looks great, what about a cupra r splitter for it? Get your name down for the showerks Renault stand ;) they have only gave us 5 spaces though sadly :worried:

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
I forgot to mention the car was on the rollers last weekend at Ai Autosport

5385178673_ee72151415_z.jpg

And a little video:

paulmcmillen

RMS Regular
OP
paulmcmillen
Drives
mk1 Leon Cupra
Not really much of an update other than to say I've still got the car! I've had the car almost 2 years, and done around 25k. It's done pretty well, just replaced the clutch there as it gave way recently. I'd love to spend a bit of money on it but since I've got a mortgage and a wedding to pay for it's only getting fuelled and serviced :worried:

Here's the clutch that came out:

7447542342_1dc8072342_c.jpg

And a pic of it sitting happily in my driveway again:

7447542848_909886ee3e_c.jpg

If anyone has any speedlines (2118s or Turinis) going cheap just let me know - would love a different set of wheels on it! ;)

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
sooo miss this wee car .. was and still is a brill example

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.