S2000 Project

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
why not get the arches rolled? A minor enough job and opens up all kinds of options.
Fear of finding someone competent enough to do a decent job. Don't want to have to repaint either if paint cracks and does it not de-value car when comes t resale as although its unnoticable from looking at the car head on, under the arches could look pretty naff? and I read they can be more prone to rust etc?

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
See below

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/869084-lowest-offset-without-fender-roll/

most of them still rub even with arches rolled etc and thats the for the same offset as those RPF1's.

It just seems so much hassel as I like a good amount of drop, but nothing ridiculous (talking 45mm).
Many can only lower 1 inch or so (25mm) with going the wider offsets unless fenders are pulled aswell.

I do like the stock oem wheels that I have which come on the facelift 08/09 S's. Thinking of getting them sprayed a shadow chrome effect and some nice lows for now untill I decide what to do with the wheels. Few more bits and pieces to focus on before wheels just :grinning:

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Came home to this wee parcel

20140328_184958_402 resize.jpg

And placed an order for one of these :laughing:

S2000lip.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
That'll lighten your wallet!! lol
Has indeed Sam, but I love that front lip! Also got my Skunk2 Megapower fitted yesterday along with the k&n aircharger intake. Exhaust sounds bloody fantastic! Pretty loud but just the way I like them lol!

20140329_173415_632 resize.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Seen the Clio sitting in Rostrevor earlier. Just stood out from everything else :grinning:
I do miss looking at it and driving it. Always had to glance back as I parked it up lol. They had it sold but deal fell through because the guy couldn't get insurance.

You must be made of money Tim!lol.

Exhaust looks crazy though, I'm sure she sounds well!
No I don't make enough man lol. Work two jobs, every day of the week but I'm not on good money. Just get by lol. But needs must and I can't stop buying stuff haha!
Must get a spin down to let u have a spin!

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
You going upto UCS Tim?
Was meant to be on the clio197 stand but now I sold it I wasn't gonna go. Would have liked to see the cars though. In Larne isn't it? You know where it's being held?

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
I n
What weight was the Skunk system? Catted?
Never weighed it man. I'll find out though. I'm sure someone has. Cat back just. Will probably look for a 70mm decat pipe and js manifold at some stage. Bit skint ATM mind you lol.
What's the invidia like on your car? Pretty loud?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Was meant to be on the clio197 stand but now I sold it I wasn't gonna go. Would have liked to see the cars though. In Larne isn't it? You know where it's being held?

Head up with us if you want. Be at Boucher around 10 ish. Somewhere in Larne!

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Head up with us if you want. Be at Boucher around 10 ish. Somewhere in Larne!
Who you heading up with? Whereabouts at Boucher? I could indeed make it because I'm off work. Just follow yous up because I've no idea whereabouts it is lol.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
I nearly speculated into a CF JDP spoiler but thot it gash so keepin teh OEM look
Was about to buy the oem trunk spoiler until I seen the tamon one. Don't know what to do now. More thought required.

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
I n

Never weighed it man. I'll find out though. I'm sure someone has. Cat back just. Will probably look for a 70mm decat pipe and js manifold at some stage. Bit skint ATM mind you lol.
What's the invidia like on your car? Pretty loud?

Ive a 70 Berk HFC. The Invidia system is 70 mm. Its a little more than stock when sub 3k, 3-5k great, in Vtec......awesome. It can be subtle when you want it to be....and its looks OEM (IMHO)

The J's header is serious dough, and then an ECU and tune.....leads on to a further shed load. lol

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Ive a 70 Berk HFC. The Invidia system is 70 mm. Its a little more than stock when sub 3k, 3-5k great, in Vtec......awesome. It can be subtle when you want it to be....and its looks OEM (IMHO)

The J's header is serious dough, and then an ECU and tune.....leads on to a further shed load. lol
Absolutely but it's the only one I want. If it's going to be done might as well do it right lol. The skunk2 is seriously loud in the cabin. Was looking into berk hfc as well but will prob just decat it tbh.
I heard sounded awesome. I just wanted the angled tailpipe look.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
decat can be a PITA come MoT time
Yeah but I'll Just switch it back over. Least with the s2000 a race manifold doesn't decat the car and mean you'd have to change header to stock again to pass mot.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Who you heading up with? Whereabouts at Boucher? I could indeed make it because I'm off work. Just follow yous up because I've no idea whereabouts it is lol.

List of people in the UCS thread, b&q / halfords was suggested