S2000 Project

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Well my driveshaft spacers finally arrived which enabled me to finally get the coilovers on. Heres how she sits atm. Minor adjustment still required. Think the rear should be raised ever so slightly and the fronts lowered a tad but only a minor adjustment.
Had some issues with the rear toe control arms as the original bolts on the original units have seized and no amount of persuasion will budge them. Will need to be cut off so cant do that until I get on the phone to Honda to order some new bolts.

All opinions welcome.

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3079 resize.jpg

IMG_3081 resize.jpg

IMG_3076 resize.jpg

IMG_3077 resize.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
DAMN thats low. I have no idea how you manage to get out of it unless your a GB/Irish gymnast, my brothers is lowered a bit, around 30mm and I find it almost impossible. However, looks great (y)

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
DAMN thats low. I have no idea how you manage to get out of it unless your a GB/Irish gymnast, my brothers is lowered a bit, around 30mm and I find it almost impossible. However, looks great (y)
Thanks! Its not too bad getting in and out man. rears are wound all the way down. I would lower the front to match but I have a front lip on the way so only will lower front a tad and wind rears back up to match. then Hopefully get the geo set when I get the bolts sorted.

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Thats Tidy! Think your right in raising the back and lowering the front a tad. Though id recommend begin super careful with the front. I lowered mine to the point where there was no rubbing, then went round a steep corner, hit a bump and dented the arch.

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
A tad low for my liking, but it aint my car lol. Would be careful about dropping the front anymore. Good luck with the seized bolts, you have fun in front of you.

10 S2k's (12 owners) at Octane Cars and Coffee in Dublin today. Would let you see how many others have theirs.
S2k April 14 010.JPG

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Thanks guys for the feedback. Just realised that car was on uneven ground when first photos taken (slightly raised one side) so retook and tbh looks more even than what I initially thought. Still maybe slight adjustment needed.

Will these coilovers likely settle? And how long roughly will that take? If they were to settle maybe there would be no need to lower front and just raise rear a tad?

See new photos below (I adjusted the contrast in order to see the tyre so makes the photos look pretty faded/ poor)

All comments on height welcome. Appreciate the advice.

20140406_231354_239 resize.jpg

20140406_231354_711 resize.jpg

Front

20140406_231353_027 resize front.jpg

Rear

20140406_231353_920 resize rear.jpg

Full lock (need a new bolt thingy to keep arch liner up which could allow a tad more lows up front?)

20140406_231352_476 resize.jpg

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
A tad low for my liking, but it aint my car lol. Would be careful about dropping the front anymore. Good luck with the seized bolts, you have fun in front of you.

10 S2k's (12 owners) at Octane Cars and Coffee in Dublin today. Would let you see how many others have theirs.View attachment 55631

Wish I could have made it! Nice turn out and lovely cars! Tbh with the lows I have atm, I'd have to raise it significantly to fit lower offset / wider wheels. Think I will go down the refurb a new colour route first as I'm loving the oem rims more and more. Plus I've got my eye on a few other bits and pieces first and you guys were right. These bolts are certainly not cheap! More wallet bashing :worried:

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
The v3 wheel is def my fav OEM S2000 wheel but I just don't think it looks right so low. Sorry.

I'm sure a nice set of wheels could change my mind completely. I loved Ollies old yellow one.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
The v3 wheel is def my fav OEM S2000 wheel but I just don't think it looks right so low. Sorry.

I'm sure a nice set of wheels could change my mind completely. I loved Ollies old yellow one.
Think I'll see how it settles over a week then readjust if needs be at the weekend, before I get geo sorted. Can't stretch to the wheels I want atm, and not preferred to settle for ones that are just OK so wheels will be some time off. Got other bits and pieces that are more of a priority.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Sitting pretty good, perfect height IMO.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Sitting pretty good, perfect height IMO.
Hmmm I still think the front should be a tad lower or the rear a tad higher. Looks a little off. I'm very picky lol.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Def don't go lower, put the rear higher if anything, this will be better for handling than lowering the front more.

Coilovers shouldn't need to settle, only cheap springs do this, my Meister R's didn't settle at all.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Went out with a clear plastic ruler there to measure the difference in height. The rears currently sitting 4mm lower than front. On Friday I will be having rear toe control arms installed, so it makes sense to raise rear 4mm to match the front and leave the front as it. Then after I'll get the geo sorted.

Better pic of how the car sits atm.

20140407_194113_719 resize.jpg

20140407_194114_167 resize.jpg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Rear is definitely too low. I think you'd be better having the rear higher than the front, only slightly.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Roof up, windows down abit, phone on dash or between seats!
Will try that tomorrow!! Prob won't do the exhaust justice but worth a shot. Might pick up too much drone as it is loud but also drones to when roof up.