S2000 Project

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
The RPF1s look mean as **** in matte black but I think alot of the detail is lost in black wheels :worried:

Totally agree with you bud. That's why I'm now thinking SBC finish. Bit different and depending on light can look darker.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Couple of pics I found on my phone. Also got myself new plates made up. Will be getting the bumper smoothed, full respray and wheels within next few months all being well.

Need to decide whether to keep it moonrock or change the colour?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407161165.444824.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407161239.382420.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407161436.049801.jpg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Awesome work so far! Carbon hard top :heart:

As for the colour, I like it. I really love grey cars. In my experience it seems that metallic is more expensive to spray than a gloss colour because there is a lot more prep involved. That's only if you find someone who will paint in 2pac, the cost of the respray will be cheaper. That is something to consider.

I think s2000's look amazing in black (Carbon & black :heart:), but if cleaning the car every 5 minutes isn't your thing & price isn't a issue, or you just really love metallic paint, grey is perfect. You could even look through some paint sample books & maybe find a grey you prefer more? Met a fella recently who had a import s2000 resprayed in Ferrari grey, looked outstanding!

All the best with it though, looking forward to seeing how she goes!

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Awesome work so far! Carbon hard top :heart:

As for the colour, I like it. I really love grey cars. In my experience it seems that metallic is more expensive to spray than a gloss colour because there is a lot more prep involved. That's only if you find someone who will paint in 2pac, the cost of the respray will be cheaper. That is something to consider.

I think s2000's look amazing in black (Carbon & black :heart:), but if cleaning the car every 5 minutes isn't your thing & price isn't a issue, or you just really love metallic paint, grey is perfect. You could even look through some paint sample books & maybe find a grey you prefer more? Met a fella recently who had a import s2000 resprayed in Ferrari grey, looked outstanding!

All the best with it though, looking forward to seeing how she goes!

Thanks man. Will take the advice on board. Have to get saving again then see what happens closer to the time.

To do list is growing. Not getting any smaller

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
good jesus there perfect (y)
Thanks mate. Should work well with the moonrock and hardtop.
Get the rubber for them sorted at the weekend or earlier. Hankook ventus evo v12

bennn

RMS Regular
Drives
a bike
Amazing work, would love one of these. The finish on those enkeis is perfect for the colour of your car, can't wait to see them on!

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Perfect wheel .. I was tempted to put a set on mine ... turns out I didn't have the pips !

S2000-sam

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000, Passat tr
yes its somewhere if I remember where.

NB don't be going for a lip on your splitter at your height. Mines on OEM height and I got a rabbit last nite and spoiled the look of it!!!!:mad:

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
yes its somewhere if I remember where.

NB don't be going for a lip on your splitter at your height. Mines on OEM height and I got a rabbit last nite and spoiled the look of it!!!!:mad:
Damn sorry to hear that. Not good!! Still feel I need the front lip, side splitters,rear diffuser 'and wing to finish the appearance. Will be a while yet before they are done.
Decat and remap likely be next on the cards. May get a js racing header before the map. Not sure. Bit broke ATM and need to save.

Tim Long

RMS Regular
OP
Tim Long
Drives
Moonrock S2000
Rubber sorted and booked in for a full respray in 2 weeks time :laughing: can't wait!! Hardtop will also be fitted to.

Something tells me those valve caps won't last long :-/

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409761248.295836.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409761256.979806.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409761266.614005.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409761277.848654.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409761289.515717.jpg

And one of the shine
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409761309.617855.jpg