Seat Leon Cupra

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Conor

RMS Regular
And these 'stages' are all just software based?

Still a great business model(mini scam) in my eyes lol

Phil

How? If you were to go to one of the local firms you'd pay for a custom map each time you went up through the stages.

Nice one Chris, i'm sure it goes well now, but I'd be sickened at something spinning to 3rd! Is that with TC off?

I never had the TC on in the Golf and found it was far easier to manage for it, the TC is way too intrusive. Where the car was getting grip easily in second with it off, it was skipping and cutting in third with it on in the same circumstances.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
How? If you were to go to one of the local firms you'd pay for a custom map each time you went up through the stages.

Nice one Chris, i'm sure it goes well now, but I'd be sickened at something spinning to 3rd! Is that with TC off?

I never had the TC on in the Golf and found it was far easier to manage for it, the TC is way too intrusive. Where the car was getting grip easily in second with it off, it was skipping and cutting in third with it on in the same circumstances.

Steven keeps TC off. However the wheel spinning was more apparent with TC on so its off now. Not as hard now to stop the spinning. Its a rocket ship though, feels like a better power delivery than the Evo, and thats high praise.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Lovely looking car, followed it down the Queens road the other day, looks great in the flesh

Conor

RMS Regular
Steven keeps TC off. However the wheel spinning was more apparent with TC on so its off now. Not as hard now to stop the spinning. Its a rocket ship though, feels like a better power delivery than the Evo, and thats high praise.

I definitely require a run! Have been in a couple of stage 2+ cars and they're mighty immpressive.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I definitely require a run! Have been in a couple of stage 2+ cars and they're mighty immpressive.

Stevens a hard man to please and he said its very sharp. I took that compliment and ran before he hit me with anything negative lol

It rubs alot on tight corners at low speed but its just one of those things ive learnt to live with. It needs to be low as they are an odd shape to work with and make cool.

Conor

RMS Regular
Stevens a hard man to please and he said its very sharp. I took that compliment and ran before he hit me with anything negative lol

It rubs alot on tight corners at low speed but its just one of those things ive learnt to live with. It needs to be low as they are an odd shape to work with and make cool.

Any chance it's the bolt the protrudes from the inner arch? That's an easy fix if so, or maybe you've already sorted that!

PhilM

RMS Regular

Firstly, stages, you've been told they exists but they just marketing terms developed and widely accepted in certain spheres. they aren't the same or even close across the board.

(not that im complaining per-say as ive repeatedly said its an awesome business model)

My point simply is that you go to (stage based companies, revo/jabbasport or whoever) and you pay 500 for stage 1 (guess) and then you pay 500 for stage 2 etc but if you want to go STRAIGHT to 360hp(stage 2+) you have to pay 1500 not 500.

But you've said its the same as if i went up through different levels of tune (stages) with a local tuner. which its not because i could start at stage 100 for all they care straight of the bat for no extra.

@ChrisL Looks brilliant in those most recent pictures, sitting very nice.

Phil

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
LOL you dont pay 500£ everytime. Although you can and will spend more than that to fit the associated hardware (exhaust/manifold/intake/upgraded fuel pump etc)

Conor

RMS Regular
Firstly, stages, you've been told they exists but they just marketing terms developed and widely accepted in certain spheres. they aren't the same or even close across the board.

My point simply is that you go to (stage based companies, revo/jabbasport or whoever) and you pay 500 for stage 1 (guess) and then you pay 500 for stage 2 etc but if you want to go STRAIGHT to 360hp(stage 2+) you have to pay 1500 not 500.

But you've said its the same as if i went up through different levels of tune (stages) with a local tuner. which its not because i could start at stage 100 for all they care straight of the bat for no extra.

@ChrisL Looks brilliant in those most recent pictures, sitting very nice.

Phil

With all due respect mate you need to get your facts straight. With Revo, there is a lump sum, lets say £500, for stage one, and each stage after that inital map is only £60 or something.

If you buy a standard car and go to a local mapper and get a stage one map, he'll charge you for a map. If you decide 6 months down the line you want stage two and put the necessary hardware on, you'll pay for another map to suit the new hardware. Unless you go with all hardware attached to a local tuer you'll pay for a new map every time.

PhilM

RMS Regular
LOL you dont pay 500£ everytime. Although you can and will spend more than that to fit the associated hardware (exhaust/manifold/intake/upgraded fuel pump etc)

Ah hahaha well being under the wrong impression certainly doesnt help the crediblity of my arguement lol

I thought it was 500 per software stage! you can see how i thought it was a rip off!

Phil

PhilM

RMS Regular
Makes more sense now. You can skip any stage stage but you are still paying for the stage you skipped essentially.

Cheers!

And these 'stages' are all just software based?

Still a great business model(mini scam) in my eyes lol

Phil

Yous guys should have educated me back here instead of just liking my post haha :grinning:

With all due respect mate you need to get your facts straight. With Revo, there is a lump sum, lets say £500, for stage one, and each stage after that inital map is only £60 or something.

If you buy a standard car and go to a local mapper and get a stage one map, he'll charge you for a map. If you decide 6 months down the line you want stage two and put the necessary hardware on, you'll pay for another map to suit the new hardware. Unless you go with all hardware attached to a local tuer you'll pay for a new map every time.

Nah i understand now, just when Chris said you pay for the stage you skip, its only a 60quid bite rather than 500 i thought was being talked about.

so really to get to stage 2+ software is only 500+60+60 roughly? which isnt too bad.

Phil

Conor

RMS Regular
Yous guys should have educated me back here instead of just liking my post haha :grinning:

Nah i understand now, just when Chris said you pay for the stage you skip, its only a 60quid bite rather than 500 i thought was being talked about.

so really to get to stage 2+ software is only 500+60+60 roughly? which isnt too bad.

Phil

Don't quote me on the figures but roughly yeah.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Any chance it's the bolt the protrudes from the inner arch? That's an easy fix if so, or maybe you've already sorted that!

Already have that mod done, think im just too low, however dont have the heart to raise it lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
im not mad into ultra low cars, but it does just look perfect for the leon.

Phil

Yea, they need it, really designed around having family etc so you need some serious lows to make them look cool. Especially as my wheels are so bright, need the lows to pull them off.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Good job buddy, looking forward to a run ASAP :grinning:

Regarding the FMIC, why so? Is it essential ?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Good job buddy, looking forward to a run ASAP :grinning:

Regarding the FMIC, why so? Is it essential ?

Not essential, even though some say it is. However speaking with Steven last night you cant go to the optimal boost setting without an FMIC. Im currently at 7 were as there are other stage2 + users at level 8, but they have a better fmic setup. So for stage 2+ in general its not essential however to get the most out of stage2+ and the various tweaks that can be made it is.

Think ill go for a Eurojet FMIC closer to May.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Hi mate - Seen you have the REVO Tsi Intake - Im awatinging delivery from DemonTweeks of mine.

Car looks well

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Hi mate - Seen you have the REVO Tsi Intake - Im awatinging delivery from DemonTweeks of mine.

Car looks well

REVO intake is great, awesome note of it when you are at full throttle.

-herc-

RMS Regular
Will attempt to fit it at the weekend...

Got the rev D Valve ordered aswell. (get rid of the forge DV lol)

Hoping in summer after my wedding to get her remapped by p360.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.