Sprint Blue Audi S3. Update!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Didnt take you long to get them installed dude!! Looks far better now IMO, balances out the front and back now (y)

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Lovely. Always fancied a blue one of these.

Any spacers planned for the wheels?

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
Cheers guys, I'm planning on a new set of rims, preferably CH-R's but that'll be a while away yet I imagine, thinking about maybe 10mm spacers for the back until there is a change of rims though.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks well.

Gunmetal wheels would look well against the black grill and window surrounds.

Last edited:

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
@feck_on_a_stick Jack kirk garage? Brilliant little number..pity its making way for the overpass etc :worried:

Well noob update but got some metro plates for the car changed the pollen filter which was absolutely disgusting! Wire brushed and painted the brake surrounds and hubs silver to freshen them up and gave it a wash...very hard to get a solid pic of the colour as it looks different in every light!
2015-09-28 19.08.14.jpg

2015-09-28 19.03.06.jpg

2015-09-28 19.05.35.jpg

Still on the lookout for a nice set of rims for it!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What sort of wheels are you looking for? What about the facelift twin 5 spoke ones to freshen it up even?

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
What sort of wheels are you looking for? What about the facelift twin 5 spoke ones to freshen it up even?
Ideally a set of LM-R alloys with gunmetal centres like so:
528663_4136187680884_2117195544_n.jpg

only thing letting the car down is the alloys which are in pretty poor condition and need new tyres soon, but I'd rather put that money towards new rims instead.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
@feck_on_a_stick Jack kirk garage? Brilliant little number..pity its making way for the overpass etc :worried:

Well noob update but got some metro plates for the car changed the pollen filter which was absolutely disgusting! Wire brushed and painted the brake surrounds and hubs silver to freshen them up and gave it a wash...very hard to get a solid pic of the colour as it looks different in every light!
View attachment 96261
View attachment 96262
View attachment 96263
Still on the lookout for a nice set of rims for it!

Looks fantastic, a really nice shine.

Sprint Blue is a very hard colour to capture properly, it never looks great in pics, but in the metal it is a stunning colour. @Reno_LV captured some great shots of my Sprint B7 RS4 a couple of years ago, I was never able to make the car look good in pics myself.

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
I like the standard rims, if they weren't in bad nick I'd happily plod along with them, just with them needing refurbed and new tyres I'm thinking of putting that money towards some nice BBS's or something.

I'm not a fan of them at all mate, prefer my own if I'm honest.

I prefer the standard wheels. I'd get them refurbished [emoji106]
I might buy some spacers and play about with them and see how it looks before I splash out on something different...if I like I'll maybe just refurb them. Don't want to end up spending the money on them and wish I had of changed lol.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
If you do go for different wheels mate, be mindful that you may want a BBK in the future.

dc5Civic

RMS Regular
OP
dc5Civic
Drives
ST
If you do go for different wheels mate, be mindful that you may want a BBK in the future.
Haven't really thought that far ahead mate tbh, rims, stage 1 (prob a new clutch) lol then brakes I'd imagine.

@pablo I actually quite liked that! I always thought you had mk2 TT speedlins on yours for some reason!

Or.... you know...

image_zpsgalivj8n.jpg
Sooo much want for them!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.