StillStatic Audi S3, few sets of BBS's, RS4 buckets, stage 2+,BBK Power and lows :)

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
photo 1.JPG

So before titanic dubs 1am on the friday night I finally got the right DS2500 rear pads so could get rid of my shot rear discs and pads which i had avoided doing after spending sooo much on the front set up
photo 4.JPG
heres the different rear pads available appartently they used two different calipers

Braking with the new pads was much improve not as spongy and more balanced was a bit twitchy at the rear before

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

The new 18" wheels that fitted over the R8 brakes just, no room for wheel weight at the normal places

Didnt like the colour combo with the mirrors and splitter a different colour than the wheels so something had to change...more on that later tho

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
lovin the brakes but i still think standard rims are the way to go with these, but thats just me i like to keep them looking like they came from the factory

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
@Burt2000 I cant run standard wheels with my brakes, the wheels on pablo's s3 need a 15mm spacer just to clear the caliper so dont really work then

These wheels have now been sold can I didnt like the colour lol just need to find a 18 that worked, it was more a curosity thing

I have also sourced myself some genuine S3 mirror caps :grinning: and are currently on the car along with new wheels
I had priced them in Audi when i got my mirror hit and they where crazy money like around £250 each i remember right

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
ah right get you now man, some set of brakes! would the 19' inch rims off the S4 or S6 i think it is fit? they are the same style as the oem S3 wheels only bigger size

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
what peoples thought on painting the calipers? What colours?
would love a rear brake set up like this someday
photo 5.PNG

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
ah right get you now man, some set of brakes! would the 19' inch rims off the S4 or S6 i think it is fit? they are the same style as the oem S3 wheels only bigger size

Its worth a try has anyone on the forum got a s6 or s4 with them wheels that i could try over my front brake set up, otherwise the 19" 5 arm rotors off black edition a4/a5 or the like should fit

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
since they were new calipers it would be a shame to refurb but I love the grey colour of the audi ceramic calipers

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
since they were new calipers it would be a shame to refurb but I love the grey colour of the audi ceramic calipers

Grey would be nice too, subtle. I would be goin red or anything mad though!

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
yea they would look good but only think is I wouldnt want Reps so I'll have to get looking for the s8 version would look well, sort of gutted i never got the original wheels when i bought the car found some red ones with 345mm discs look ok
photo 3.jpg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
i know i wouldnt go reps either but they can be found, ebay and stuff maybe? probably very rare though

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
Not sure why only seeing this thread now! Verry interesting read so far. Had a look round your car at Titanic Dubs, very nice. Looking forward to see what you do next. You got big balls and deep pockets lol :party:

pablo

RMS Moderator
you not get any issues with rubbing on the back with those wheels? youre only on springs arent you?

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
you not get any issues with rubbing on the back with those wheels? youre only on springs arent you?
I had some rubbing issues with the 15mm spacers i'd say 12mm would be fine tho as it was only rubbing at one side really

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
only seeing this now. The photo of the stelvio brings back good memories :grinning:

The car is stunning (y)
steivio pass was amazing the best 12hrs driving I ever had as I had to make a detour from kitzbuhel on the way home, when did you go?

I'll have to find some of the photos of the nurburgring

richie_mck

RMS Regular
steivio pass was amazing the best 12hrs driving I ever had as I had to make a detour from kitzbuhel on the way home, when did you go?

I'll have to find some of the photos of the nurburgring

summer of 2011 and 2012 as part of a banger rally across Europe ending in bratislava, was at the nurburgring last year too. Its hard to put into words both experiences, one of those cases you really have to be there to appreciate how spectacular it is. The alps is just a phenomenal place to be.

few pics in here :grinning: http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/banger-rally-bratislava-or-bust-2012.139473/page-2

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
70.jpg
love these gti edition 35 seat belts but would imagine they'd be very hard to come by

The wheel dilemma continues Give us ur thoughts of the following: Coilovers are on order so can will be lower

phils s3.jpg
love these e28's which are for sale but dont think they'll go over my brakes and need a serious drop to work right since there 18" but a good 9" wide

img8239gro.jpg
20"x8.5" cantona A8 wheels in this colour or a satin black/dark shade

photo 3.JPG
19"x8" BBS CK the original wheel i had but maybe run 215 tyres with the new lows