StillStatic Audi S3, few sets of BBS's, RS4 buckets, stage 2+,BBK Power and lows :)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Insane figures! Looking forward to further tuning my S3 but 590bhp just sounds ridiculous (in a good way! lol)

My old S3 with 370bhp was quick!!

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
@Boydie its seriously quick just need to get used to it and get smooth gear changes with a new clutch, you bought another S3 8P or 8V?

@Carson i was a bit surprised myself at 2.1bar on a small turbo, it's very punch and I know some running 2.4bar but I'd need to uprated injectors to run that

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Whats the end goal power wise mate or are you just going to keep tinkering at it?

2.1 Bar is impressive.

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Whats the end goal power wise mate or are you just going to keep tinkering at it?

2.1 Bar is impressive.
550bhp was the goal of reliable power, during tuning id have been happy 500-550 on pump 97ron. Which is what the end result was in the end after a last minute crank sensor fault flagged up releasing more power, so 549bhp on pump. I wouldn't want to run 2.4 all the time but would have been good to have the headroom and run less pressure with bigger injectors. You go on recommendations but in the UK this would be the most power made without cams on a 3073, I've learnt of a few underground cars on more with cams & 2.4bar

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
550bhp was the goal of reliable power, during tuning id have been happy 500-550 on pump 97ron. Which is what the end result was in the end after a last minute crank sensor fault flagged up releasing more power, so 549bhp on pump. I wouldn't want to run 2.4 all the time but would have been good to have the headroom and run less pressure with bigger injectors. You go on recommendations but in the UK this would be the most power made without cams on a 3073, I've learnt of a few underground cars on more with cams & 2.4bar

Im sure you have learned plenty along the way ...

Proper engineering and thought has gone into it so its really rewarding im sure to see the figures stacking up to where you wanted them to be. I presume this will be a car youll always hang on to?

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
@ChrisL yea that's the plan to hold on to it, nothing out there really was appealing to me enough to part out and sell up without spending silly money and I'd end up modifying that too, I'll keep this in the shed and have a boring daily, having a performance car doing 25k a year doesn't really stack up for me

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Just don't think of the R8 you could have bought instead. Don't think :monkey:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Boydie its seriously quick just need to get used to it and get smooth gear changes with a new clutch, you bought another S3 8P or 8V?

8V - soon to be Stage 2 :cool:

IMG_4756.JPG

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Anyone got a VBOX? Wouldn't mine doing some logging to see how quick it is, need to save up and get one tho

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
haven't been on here in years but still have it, tucked away. It'll go back on the road some day but cant see it being for a year or 2 yet. sold some parts and have started collecting parts again for it lol
Great that you still have it...what are your plans?

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
I've collected parts like clear/slight green tint rear glass, Custom shorten recess boot, RS3 spoiler, custom rear diffuser in carbon. I've some facelift xenon so it may get RS3 front bumper, collecting r8 rear calipers to do the rear twin brake setup again, might redo all the brakes. I've collected a set of 20" wheels and have plans to buy a few more sets of my favourite wheels :joy:

inside ive did a lot of small custom details, cekacoting all chrome bits, TT cluster, Q3 climate control, re trimmed items with more planned.

engine wise it'll stay the same with possibly a DSG swap as I've some bits
Great that you still have it...what are your plans?
You just missed him ,He is away for another 7 years .😂
haha that's what happens when you own a car for 12yrs and counting, having nothing fast at the moment should motivate me to get it back on the road