StillStatic Audi S3, few sets of BBS's, RS4 buckets, stage 2+,BBK Power and lows :)

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Amazing Kyle.

Would love a passenger run in this when it's back together. (y)

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Amazing Kyle.

Would love a passenger run in this when it's back together. (y)
No problem I'll bring it to one of the Banbridge outlet coffee mornings, planning to head this Sunday just for a spin before Monday night strip down

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
So last night I decided to strip the old engine out to get some bits fabricated in advance of the parts coming next week
IMG_1675.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG

Progress was good for just a few hours need to borrow an engine crane or it would have been out also

Engine parts at the ready for the build as the heads away to get the updated supertech valves & spring in
IMG_1678.JPG
IMG_1679.JPG

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Had a brief nosey round it on Sunday, looks great in the flesh (y) (so to speak). Didn't see you about though or I'd have said hi
Thanks, sorry didn't stay very long was just a quick visit to see @Ben 6 new wagon

Reactions: Ben

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
So been busy at nights finishing off all the organising of bits and engine and auxiliaries all stripped ready for my new engine. Just some wiring and bits to be done with @PeteMoore, time has beaten us to do what we really want with engine pipework but I'll be back for that.
SPAL slim line fan was needed to increased thickness of radiator, intercooler and larger throttle body pipes
IMG_1832.JPG

50 litres of the good stuff 115RON
IMG_1600.JPG

The helix twin plate clutches just arrived in the nick of time on Friday, I went for the orangic option to retain a OEM feel
IMG_1775.JPG

Some pictures of the engine build, balance shaft delete & solid sprocket,
IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG
IMG_1783.JPG
IMG_1786.JPG

Old parts pile building up
IMG_1798.JPG

Engine all built up ready for all my bolt on items, pallet getting collected Monday from Bedford let's hope it arrives in time for me to be running Thursday
IMG_1823.JPG

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Love this car, had a look round it and it has all the right touches. It will be fantastic when the engine is finished.

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Love this car, had a look round it and it has all the right touches. It will be fantastic when the engine is finished.
Thanks jonny, can't believe I'm saying it but it might need raised up a little more, car was at max height at cars and coffee the other week, I'll get the rear up 20mm to level the arch gap first then review

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
So the pallet of goodies arrived Wednesday 8th but it was 7pm before I was able to get the parts up to the unit to start assembling.

Owen development HTA3073r with a turbosmart 45
IMG_1945.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG

Starring down the tunnel on Wednesday evening I knew there was a very big challenge ahead of us to get the turbo kit, engine in, custom pipework, wiring cleaned up and engine run in for 10.30pm Friday night boat (madness!!)
IMG_1963.JPG

The first night went very well and we managed to get enough built on the new forged mount to mount it in the car
IMG_1971.JPG

I was a too busy for photos so thankful a few friends got a few along the way

New Wagner intercooler and oil cooler
IMG_1973.JPG

Nortech manifold, exhaust and kit parts was a work of art and precision engineering with everything fitting by with the smallest margins off transfer box, driveshaft, bulkhead etc and it took longer than expected to get all the oil pipes and coolant to the turbo just right
IMG_1977.JPG
IMG_1980.JPG
IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_1983.JPG
Thankful to Pete from brookfab who come to the unit Friday morning to weld up the induction pipework and trim a few pipes up for me
IMG_2015.PNG

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
We had a few issues with connectors not fitted right but after a few hours fault finding we were up and running Friday night and the first 20mile run in oil change completed. I was a very happy man at this stage and thankful for all the help from friends. We were too late for the boat and moved it to the following night since we knew the engine was up and running
IMG_2023.JPG
IMG_2040.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG

Saturday was all about running the engine in and getting the miles on, quick oil change from the running oil after a further 250miles we were on the road for ultimate dubs Sunday and to drop the car with RTech Monday to work on the map over the following two weeks
IMG_2186.JPG

Happy with the car just need final mapping and I know it will be a learning curve even with one of the top names for Tfsi tuning as there is only a handful of these turbo kits out there which must are standard blocks still current and any forged engine on mainly fwd cars.

The hope would be 550bhp but with another S3 getting tuned along side mine with a HTZ3073 and few extra bolt on items it will interesting to see if they crack the 600bhp barrier while retaining driveability

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
Great build from start to finish!

I have just finished up a K04 conversion on my A4 TFSI, including the oil pump chain and solid sprocket, rear cam chain, timing belt, S3 injectors, HPFP internals, full system etc and it took me longer than I expected.... being used to working mainly on Japanese cars, I have learnt that working on VAG cars is not as straight forward!

Looking forward to seeing your results, it will be an animal on the road regardless!

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Brillaint work, looks like youve put a good few hours labour into the build!
Nothing more satisfying than turning the key and hearing it idle for the first time.
Itll be a beast at over 500bhp!!!

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
Is said boat taking you to Rtech by any chance? Awesome build this, keep the updates coming!

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Great build from start to finish!

I have just finished up a K04 conversion on my A4 TFSI, including the oil pump chain and solid sprocket, rear cam chain, timing belt, S3 injectors, HPFP internals, full system etc and it took me longer than I expected.... being used to working mainly on Japanese cars, I have learnt that working on VAG cars is not as straight forward!

Looking forward to seeing your results, it will be an animal on the road regardless!
Yea guess I didn't appreciate how much time you need as everything is different since it isn't oem upgrades and needed some thought this time, a good map on a K04 Tfsi is amble power for the road

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Brillaint work, looks like youve put a good few hours labour into the build!
Nothing more satisfying than turning the key and hearing it idle for the first time.
Itll be a beast at over 500bhp!!!
Very satisfying for all involved and think I'm a little worried how much of a beast it'll be lol

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Is said boat taking you to Rtech by any chance? Awesome build this, keep the updates coming!
Yea was the Belfast liverpool boat as RTech are east of Birmingham and only map 1.8t & 2.0tfsi with a long waiting list for bookings, only ones I felt comfortable to map the car and good friends of Alex who built the engine and supplied the marks