StillStatic Audi S3, few sets of BBS's, RS4 buckets, stage 2+,BBK Power and lows :)

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
I'm usually not into heavily modified cars, but I really like what you've done. It just looks so good! Are you planning any shows or meets this year?

Those brakes are just STUNNING!

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Stunning work Kyle, very impressed. I'm sure it's satisfying looking back on all of the work now

Can't wait to see this!

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
I'm usually not into heavily modified cars, but I really like what you've done. It just looks so good! Are you planning any shows or meets this year?

Those brakes are just STUNNING!
I'm planning on dubshed, cars at the mill and possible a few more but there's a bits I'll still need to do to be happy

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Kyle this had fairly progressed over the past few months.

Fair play to you the car is a credit to you.

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Kyle this had fairly progressed over the past few months.

Fair play to you the car is a credit to you.
Thanks tufty you just have to grab it and say I'm finishing it as I remember how hard it was to motivate myself with the shaved bay and I wasn't letting that happen again

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I am in that rut at the minute due having to basically having to repaint the golf again for a third time but thank fully this time it will be done and finished. I have the car back home it`s heading off to get shot blasted inside soon and then primed and ready for paint. The Rear axle should be here inside two weeks so this will allow me to get the car rolling again.

But hat`s off to you your S3 has came along way and it will be mental once its finished.

jayme

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini/ A7
Great to see it all coming together for you, I know how much work you've put into this so fair play.

Look forward to seeing it on display at Cars at the Mill (Shameless plug)

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
never seen this thread before but i like it.. alot great workmanship proper engineering, need to get a nose around this.

-Ged

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Update as per usual there's always a hick up along the way, things didn't work out with my first tuner and on to the second.

IMG_5111.JPG
IMG_5111.JPG

Stealth racing smashed it out the park making 590bhp consistent on the dyno on race fuel after chasing a faulty crank sensor the whole way through the tune. I've got a second pump fuel map running 2.1bar boost flat from 4K-7.2k and it's sharp

IMG_5124.JPG

Last edited:

Conor

RMS Regular
Brilliant work mate, with the Haldex that'll be a proper monster - something I never got in the VAG scene was doing what you're doing to a FWD Golf or the likes! It should be pretty driveable I would've thought?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'm planning on dubshed, cars at the mill and possible a few more but there's a bits I'll still need to do to be happy

Lol, which dubshed?

Only messing mate, it's been a long road but you are near enough landed. Looking forward to a wee spin out in it.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Great job Kyle.

Is a switchable map? Can you turn the boost down when you need/want to?

Edit: re-read that you've a pump fuel map.

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Great job Kyle.

Is a switchable map? Can you turn the boost down when you need/want to?

Edit: re-read that you've a pump fuel map.
No switchable control on boost which if it was a daily I'm sure would be good, not that 2.1bar of boost isn't but it's a good hit of power, most have linear boost on fwd which I guess would feel more like oem delivery, have a clutch issue to sort then enjoy the summer driving it

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
590hp, double standard?! Well played sir, well played.

What's with the 2wd rollers?

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
590hp, double standard?! Well played sir, well played.

What's with the 2wd rollers?
Thanks must tuners only have 2wd rollers altho there starting to move to linked dyno's with the modern stuff apparently not even liking the undriven wheels static

They just remove the haldax plug for dyno, same happen on davy's hub dyno with first map

kyle.j1

RMS Regular
OP
kyle.j1
Brilliant work mate, with the Haldex that'll be a proper monster - something I never got in the VAG scene was doing what you're doing to a FWD Golf or the likes! It should be pretty driveable I would've thought?
Not to sure how you would drive a fwd with this style of boost as it takes the 4wd and Michelin pilot super sports to stop spinning on a good summers day, driveable it good but you do have to make some sacrifices to refinement