Subaru Impreza STI 330s

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Haven't had a drive in one of these yet. Do they still feel like an impreza to steer?

I love the look of then

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
i nearly bought an sti but the tax put me off . that one however id forget that lol ... looks awesome @Gambit health to enjoy

Tax was an initial put off but monthly helps lighten the load with just an extra £20, but strangely this car is saving me about £10 a week on fuel over the old one :confounded:

Haven't had a drive in one of these yet. Do they still feel like an impreza to steer?

I love the look of then

They are completely different to drive, and feel. If anything it feels a lot more refined but only critism is steering is overly light but hopefully just needs dialled in. Defo made the right decision changing, as soon as i got behind the wheel i had to have it. The seats alone sold it to me.....and the forged bottom end!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Im looking at white hatches now ... always been a hawkeye only fan if I was to buy one ... however the hatches look ten times better with the rear light overlays/US spec lights.

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Im looking at white hatches now ... always been a hawkeye only fan if I was to buy one ... however the hatches look ten times better with the rear light overlays/US spec lights.

yeah the rear light overlays totally transform the rear on them, subaru must have been on glue for both hatch & hawk rear lights. the latest sti has reverted to blobeye style crystal rear lenses

Did you buy this in castlederg?

yeah, though i got it through a dealer in dungannon as it was taken in as a trade in. Fella who did own it, Gareth, was out that direction, Killowen? i had been talking to him about a month previously when he had it for sale but never got up to see it

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
yeah the rear light overlays totally transform the rear on them, subaru must have been on glue for both hatch & hawk rear lights. the latest sti has reverted to blobeye style crystal rear lenses

Agreed the stock lights on the UK hatches look woeful ... you would think they were aftermarket lexus lights :worried: Any pics of a scoob with the overlays applied and not US lights.

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Agreed the stock lights on the UK hatches look woeful ... you would think they were aftermarket lexus lights :worried: Any pics of a scoob with the overlays applied and not US lights.

only difference between US & UK lights is the rear fog insert. though i havent decided yet whether to just put the smoke overlay on top of the red fog or get a new US non fog, and put a red bulb in :confounded:

Thats the one. Killen , castlederg

aye do you know him? if you do ask him does he still have the prodrive backbox kicking about, he did when i was speaking to him but it never came with the car

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
That looks great! Moved house too? Was it the dodgy electric at the last one?

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
That looks great! Moved house too? Was it the dodgy electric at the last one?

No mate thats down at the aul folks house.

Still up here though electric hasnt been an issue since they found the dodgy connection at entry to fusebox that was after ripping up public foot path, my garden & path and about to tear through the house before he thought he'd just double check at fusebox again lol

saxo_man

RMS Regular
I havent commented on this thread as I am insanely jealous! Looks fantastic, and definitely a family car I would like to own at some point! Look forward to updates!

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Just seen this thread, great looking car health to drive

Some change from that auld classic ;)

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Progress being made...

Prodrive springs, only dropped it like 10-15mm but i dont want a big drop on this car
STI Front splitter
Roger Clark 340lph fuel pump
NGK Grade 7 plugs
new set of Bridgestone s001's all round

still waiting on my 330s reg arriving (n)

Before
upload_2015-9-7_10-6-54.jpeg

After
upload_2015-9-7_10-6-34.jpeg

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Looks great,
Got a passenger run out in one of these about two weeks ago, albeit a WRX.

Very nice place to be inseide, especially compared to the classic
Plenty of power in the WRX so i can only imagine what yours goes like (y)

Gambit

RMS Regular
OP
Gambit
Panic set in after washing car on Sunday highlighted how bad the paintwork wash....With upcoming Colin McRae charity run on saturday it needed some TLC so give @ferrett a call, he must have sensed my distress on the phone, told me to bring it down last night, So that I did and just look how it came back IMMENSE!!

IMG-20150908-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20150908-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20150908-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20150908-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
gorgeous motor inside is soo much nicer than the older scoobs especially those seats :heart: