Top Gear 8pm BBC2 ...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Through a supplier in work next year i'm getting a porche turbo for 4 days and driving through the alps also hitting nurburg ring. Canne wait :laughing:

Also put up in a 5 star hotel the whole time along with 20 other drivers

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Personally didn't like last night's episode, the bit with the golf was completely useless as its just a concept car and not exactly an extraordinary one at that. The news part i though they were just wasting time, and the gallordo superleggera and gt3 rs have been out for ages, they should be reviewing the latest cars i feel. There's been alot came out since the last series.

Just my opinion though, everyone else seemed to like it! lol.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I wasnt fussed on it either. The supercar bit was great but went on for too long, the Golf bit wasnt bad and Helen Mirren was a **** guest.

Marc

RMS Moderator
i didnt find it too exciting an episode really.. the roads in the alps were amazing, but far too much talking, not enough action

Luke MK2

Drives
Passat B6
the filming in those car features is always amazing.. and that raod is unbelivable, its definaterly on the list of things to do before i die lol

but that aston was a big piece of turd...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Going on a road trip to Monaco at Christmas for a friends stag do, so we plan to stop off on the best driving road en route.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
i didnt find it too exciting an episode really.. the roads in the alps were amazing, but far too much talking, not enough action

Agreed, though i didnt think it was anything new. Theres been far too much talking the last few years. Far too much of Clarkson full stop too.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yes, it really was. For a minute it even made me question my usual hatred towards Porsche...

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
what about jeremy saying that its illegal to wash your car in switzerland????? whats that all about?

so ull have to cross the border to wash your car and by the time you drive back it will be stinkin again or do it in secret ahaah bet theres illegal car washing rings lol

scumkillermoz

Drives
Vauxhall VX220
After this show I actually considered not watching Top Gear ever again. I remember at the beginning of the previous season Jezza told us they had asked people what they wanted to see in the show, something they hadn't seen before - more challenges and other nonsense apparently. Well, if he had asked me i would have said "How about reviewing some normal cars that normal people drive on normal roads and in normal conditions. I can't remember the last time i didn't see a Lamborghini or Ferrari on the show. The thing you don't seem to understand Jezza is that supercars are only cool if you see them every so often not every damn week, they just become standard fare and dull after a while, just like your "Star In A Reasonably Price Car" slot which just bores me to tears. And your overly long "News" slot which is also increasingly dull." Am I alone here or is anybody else sick of endless supercars and the pandering to Jeremys delusion that he is a chat show host?

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
After this show I actually considered not watching Top Gear ever again. I remember at the beginning of the previous season Jezza told us they had asked people what they wanted to see in the show, something they hadn't seen before - more challenges and other nonsense apparently. Well, if he had asked me i would have said "How about reviewing some normal cars that normal people drive on normal roads and in normal conditions. I can't remember the last time i didn't see a Lamborghini or Ferrari on the show. The thing you don't seem to understand Jezza is that supercars are only cool if you see them every so often not every damn week, they just become standard fare and dull after a while, just like your "Star In A Reasonably Price Car" slot which just bores me to tears. And your overly long "News" slot which is also increasingly dull." Am I alone here or is anybody else sick of endless supercars and the pandering to Jeremys delusion that he is a chat show host?

Go watch 5th Gear :grinning: :broken_heart:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Have to agree with scum killer a bit here... Id also like to see a bit more normal car reviews as well as the flash stuff...

All entertaining to watch but not really helping those who actually watch it looking for a new car...

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
what about jeremy saying that its illegal to wash your car in switzerland????? whats that all about?

so ull have to cross the border to wash your car and by the time you drive back it will be stinkin again or do it in secret ahaah bet theres illegal car washing rings lol

In Spain it is Illegal to wash your car on the street, you have to go to a carwash!

5th Gear Impressed me with the cars it reviews, But I cant stand tiff nidel (sp) who thinks every car need to be able to go sideways to make it fun, mix the reviews in 5th gear with the Banter and Driving of Top Gear, a 2 Hour long Show every week would satisfy all parties :p

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Seriously doubt I'd ever get excited about any program doing a review on the new Fiesta 1.1 LX, or the Corsa 1.0 12v, etc...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.