Trackskills Sunday 5th November 2023

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
☹️ I was looking forward to it before the car goes off the road for winter. Ah well spring time it is by the looks of it.

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
One of my freinds was showing me a video of the track that the 500 club posted up. More chance of holding a powerboat race there at the minute

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
That was yesterday when we were down
IMG_0599.jpeg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
We may go for a spin somewheres if Kirkistown is flooded and called off.
At least get a drive out with a few rmsers if anyone is up for that.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Weather (currently) set to improve from Friday but by the amount of rain forecast until late Thursday it would still be touch and go
1698758097984.png

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Just watching the latest forecast. Hopefully from tomorrow afternoon that will be the last of the heavy rain, if the SE can escape Storm Ciaran that might give a good 3 days for things to dry out, the ground is so wet though.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
It was some of the heaviest rain last night and the bog road that runs up the side of the track was the deepest it’s been all week! Didn’t really get a chance to look at the track

V8

RMS Regular
Hi Folk,
I am at the track, sorry, the pond now. Currently, you could wake board at it. However, it hasn't rained today and the waters are receding slowly. It is actually crazy. From the back of the clubhouse, down round the Hairpin and back to the start is bone dry. Perfect for slicks. From the start and down through Debtors it is a lake. The Chicane and back straight are under water.
The problem is that not only do we have to drain Kirkistown, the land beside us has to drain as well, as it is running into us.
In theory, if we have no more rain, we have three days for it to drain. That might be enough.
I have marked the levels and will monitor them hour by hour.
We will call it tomorrow morning (Friday). If we do have to call it off, we will run on the following Sunday 12th November.
Watch this space...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Hi Folk,
I am at the track, sorry, the pond now. Currently, you could wake board at it. However, it hasn't rained today and the waters are receding slowly. It is actually crazy. From the back of the clubhouse, down round the Hairpin and back to the start is bone dry. Perfect for slicks. From the start and down through Debtors it is a lake. The Chicane and back straight are under water.
The problem is that not only do we have to drain Kirkistown, the land beside us has to drain as well, as it is running into us.
In theory, if we have no more rain, we have three days for it to drain. That might be enough.
I have marked the levels and will monitor them hour by hour.
We will call it tomorrow morning (Friday). If we do have to call it off, we will run on the following Sunday 12th November.
Watch this space...
Perhaps run a paddle boarding race, this Sunday.