Trackskills Track Day Sunday 13th April 2014

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
This is defo going to be a good day by thr looks of things. So glad you got the drive shaft sorted nicholas. :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Was a good day - perfect conditions, nice selection of well presented cars (mostly, cough - you know who you are :p), and plenty of people out on the circuit.

Nice to be back on track, been too long. A couple of nice and relaxed sessions, coasting about getting used to it all again, and the new engine, etc. Started to build speed toward the end of the day, but as usual almost stepped out thinking I had stopped whenever @evo98 blasted past :p

Princess did herself proud, no issues at all, and stayed on the black stuff despite my late night last minute DIY alignment.

Love the red MR2, bet that surprises a few people! The lads pretend it is an old rust bucket, but I suspect they have a few tricks up their sleeves :innocent: Goes very well, and well driven too (y)

Car of the day was a very nice and well presented mkI or II (I can never tell, sorry!) Golf GTI, and the white MX5 which was a lot quicker than it should have been.

Just one really tiny complaint - I hope the usual array of Locaterfields realise they are completely invisible when they tuck in on the bumper of the Lotus, lol.

Last edited:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
What a brilliant day today.

Had my cousin with me today an i promised him a couple of runs out by himself an he got on well an didnt manage to hit the car so i was happy.

Had to do a couple of passenger runs an this didnt help my already warped discs. Coming to the end of the day i knew id probably only get 1 more run out so i went an got jagged on here to come out for a proper run to see how i got on against his rapid e36 m3. Ive just watched the video of it there now an its the quickest we have both been round that track.

Had passenger with me an he said we were pulling 132 on the back straight an 128 going into debtors lol. Today i just the accelerator a little but didnt touch the brake. I will try an get it flat the next day out :grinning:

Heres a wee pic of my laptimer :grinning:
image.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Great time mate esp with a passenger. Loose another 2-3 for a race when your on your own?

Curtiz

RMS Regular
Brilliant day out. Saw how nice the weather was this morning and took a run over to spectate. Havent been to Kirkistown for a few years but loved it today. Didn't realise I forgot to charge my camera last night so battery hadn't much in it so sorry if ive missed anyones car!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Great time mate esp with a passenger. Loose another 2-3 for a race when your on your own?

No mate I done 1.05.1 with a passenger. Think I could get into the 1.03s anyhow with a new set of brake discs :grinning: either way im happy with that

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Was a good day - perfect conditions, nice selection of well presented cars (mostly, cough - you know who you are :p), and plenty of people out on the circuit.

Nice to be back on track, been too long. A couple of nice and relaxed sessions, coasting about getting used to it all again, and the new engine, etc. Started to build speed toward the end of the day, but as usual almost stepped out thinking I had stopped whenever @evo98 blasted past :p

Princess did herself proud, no issues at all, and stayed on the black stuff despite my late night last minute DIY alignment.

Love the red MR2, bet that surprises a few people! The lads pretend it is an old rust bucket, but I suspect they have a few tricks up their sleeves :innocent: Goes very well, and well driven too (y)

Car of the day was a very nice and well presented mkI or II (I can never tell, sorry!) Golf GTI, and the white MX5 which was a lot quicker than it should have been.

Just one really tiny complaint - I hope the usual array of Locaterfields realise they are completely invisible when they tuck in on the bumper of the Lotus, lol.

I just didn't get past you that handy now..

Oh yes that standard mr2 that isn't a kick on the arse from the 360bhp race evo6 that was there :grinning: The mr2 is a great going wee car an as you say is always well driven

scooby1929

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx
ppen, 15523, member: 6716"]Ah, I was wondering what that was :grinning: Was going to go over and ask you about it.[/QUOTE]
Just bog standard 1800 mx5 engine. Need more power for the straights

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
What a day , mad men in mad cars ,dry track and the only thing blowing harder than the wind was the charger in the bonda , had a mighty run out with him , seeing that bonda in the mirrors pushed a good extra second out of me and the yellow m3 , loved it , cheers Tony ! Good to see the ( princess ) out and goin well after the transplant ,will only be going quicker from here on , went over to chat you a few times but you were always under the back of the car , probably checking your boots weren't leaking !

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
A great day alright and yes the guys in the Red (Loud) MR2 did their usual job of embarrassing more expensive machinery (great driving as always).

Have a couple of video's from the GoPro which I hope to get up on YouTube over the next couple of days.

@V8 couple of new dance moves for you.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
went over to chat you a few times but you were always under the back of the car , probably checking your boots weren't leaking !

Manically and maniacally constantly checking everything yesterday, completely paranoid :grinning: Just give me a kick in the back next time. No issues at all, just checked it again this morning, lol, not even a drop of oil. Awesome.

Kris McCloy

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Looked like a real fun day out with a few extra Honda's, wish I was up around to get a run out with them. Priorities must though and I'll be visiting the Nurburgring at the end of the month.

The addition of the 'charger has definitely perked up that E30, The more I see the elise around there makes me think a K20 Elise has to be undertaken at some point in the future!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Looked like a real fun day out with a few extra Honda's, wish I was up around to get a run out with them. Priorities must though and I'll be visiting the Nurburgring at the end of the month.

The addition of the 'charger has definitely perked up that E30, The more I see the elise around there makes me think a K20 Elise has to be undertaken at some point in the future!

Seen one of them wee ek civics that was running a K20 engine go onto the trailer early with what sounded like a bottom end knock :worried:

The white ep3 is a mate of mine an he got a couple of warnings for passing on the inside. Hes a lunatic an was doing 1.08s on his first day out an I watched him taking debtors flat on his second run out lol

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
The Supercharged f20c sounds so good down the straights! The car was going extremely well as usual

Was talking to the Civic owner and it was indeed a big end knock, DC5 engine too but he said it came with no history

The white Ep3 looked well and was doing constant 1.14 / 1.15 laps when I was watching him with no traffic, he mustn't have been going as hard then. Does it have an LSD I take it?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.