Trackskills Trackday Kirkistown this Sunday the 16th

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jim28

RMS Regular
Drives
e39,e46
So who is going besides Myself and a very large contingent of Hondas?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Think I will go to the one at the 14th in the Impreza, down at Kirky tomorrow with the Formula Student car though

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Think I will go to the one at the 14th in the Impreza, down at Kirky tomorrow with the Formula Student car though
That explains why msa brian will be there tomorrow, he's going to inspect the fiesta cage down there.

What part of your team is he overseeing?

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
That explains why msa brian will be there tomorrow, he's going to inspect the fiesta cage down there.

What part of your team is he overseeing?

Brian is a technician in the uni as a day job and there is always at least one of those technicians that oversees what we do both in uni and at the track. Brian took over this year from another guy but its really handy the fact that he is an MSA scrutineer as it helps with getting the car ready etc. Plus with his contacts we have been able to get out and about more like Cultra and we are going to the 60th anniversary as well to display the car.

Jim28

RMS Regular
OP
Jim28
Drives
e39,e46
'Im definetly going to head up as far as Ardglass on the Saturday....Between Obama and the Bike race there is no chance I could risk drive up on Sunday pulling the trailer.

Conor

RMS Regular
'Im definetly going to head up as far as Ardglass on the Saturday....Between Obama and the Bike race there is no chance I could risk drive up on Sunday pulling the trailer.

Yup, going to be an early one for myself as well.

thornracing

RMS Photographer
Drives
accent
guys just a heads up, theres a cycle race down the ards peninsula on sunday not sure about the times so could cause some delays, aswell as an event on at mount stewart....

Conor

RMS Regular
guys just a heads up, theres a cycle race down the ards peninsula on sunday not sure about the times so could cause some delays, aswell as an event on at mount stewart....

Email from Donal regarding the above :

"1,000 Bicycles on the Roads Near Kirkistown!

Hi Conor ,

We have just received some information that could affect your journey to Kirkistown, if you are coming to our track day this Sunday 16th June 2013.As well as the Security Services connected to the G8 gathering at Lough Erne trying to impede your journey to the track, we have now been informed that North Down Cycling Club's annual Coastal Challenge charity cycling event will be taking place on the Peninsula.Apparently, there will be somewhere in the region of 1,000 cyclists taking part. The event begins at 10:00am in Bangor and the cyclists will follow the A2, along the coast to Portaferry. From there they will return to Bangor via Newtownards, using the A20 Portaferry Road and the A21 Bangor Road.There will be delays for motorists.We will be at the circuit from 9:30am so if you decide to come early to dodge the two wheelers, you will be able to get in.

Cheers!

Donal."

OS Ken

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 9-5 all day
Ray and I have our Prelude booked for its first outing, looks like an early start on Sunday to get our trailer off the road before it gets too busy.
Cheers for the tip about the charity cycle lads.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
My diff still isnt sorted yet..Doubtful i will be attending this one, but we will see what tomorrow has in store

weeJohn

RMS Regular
Drives
Toyota EP85
We will be there, its possible we may have hooked a few lycra clad stragglers with our trailer, so if you see any on there, let us know so we can dump them off before we get in the gate ;)

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
We will be there, its possible we may have hooked a few lycra clad stragglers with our trailer, so if you see any on there, let us know so we can dump them off before we get in the gate ;)

Few of them stuck in that homemade side scoop on the Mr2 :p

Jim28

RMS Regular
OP
Jim28
Drives
e39,e46
My diff still isnt sorted yet..Doubtful i will be attending this one, but we will see what tomorrow has in store

Good luck with sorting out the diff....It was going very well at the last one.
Heading up this afternoon to avoid the cyclists nothing worse than coming around a bend to find them riding 3 abreast and a truck coming the other way..

Conor

RMS Regular
Good luck with sorting out the diff....It was going very well at the last one.
Heading up this afternoon to avoid the cyclists nothing worse than coming around a bend to find them riding 3 abreast and a truck coming the other way..

Are you coming from Dublin mate? Surely the ferry to Portaferry would be by far your quickest route and you'd avoid all the cyclists? It's £10 return!

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/strangford-ferry-fares

Jim28

RMS Regular
OP
Jim28
Drives
e39,e46
Are you coming from Dublin mate? Surely the ferry to Portaferry would be by far your quickest route and you'd avoid all the cyclists? It's £10 return!

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/strangford-ferry-fares

Conor cheers for that.
My plan is to head up to Ardglass later on and I will grab the ferry in the morning.
Hopefully I should avoid everything...Now if I can just find a way of avoiding the pub once I get to Ardglass........

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.