Trackskills Trackday Kirkistown this Sunday the 16th

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Yeoooo:laughing: Im just in through the door there now an i have the car on the trailer with the diff sorted..Its going to be running the standard s2000 4.1 ratio, to be honest i was sick of changing gear so much with the other ratio..I will have my eye closely on the stopwatch tomorrow to see if this ratio makes any difference..

I was almost away on the beer to only my mechanic text me an says to come on up an give him a hand..:p

big cyril

RMS Regular
Not sure about the wisdom of putting 1000 bikes on a road that is open to other traffic.(from both the cyclists and other road users point of view).

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
what time do these events normally finish at?

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
A few of my photographs from today, was a great turnout and nice to see some good weather.

BPaTfgI.jpg

PPRzJaf.jpg

q95Uy4e.jpg

c8I2nE8.jpg

fy7cMPu.jpg

1aEetPb.jpg

I also caught the red BMW having a spin!

r9686U7.jpg

50ZnIZS.jpg

M2YDSQo.jpg

1F2Dn59.jpg

haO9hkx.jpg

JvkSb3F.jpg

rM6Y9G0.jpg

NOmswCR.jpg

JMyPpOo.jpg

5st2mQg.jpg

6q5AkkJ.jpg

Sorry for the extra long post.

Conor

RMS Regular
What a brilliant, brilliant day! Sun shining, no issues, brilliant.

We did learn a big lesson in terms of tyres though, thought the paradas were poor the whole day, so tried the road going Dunlops on for the last session and shaved a second and A half off my best!

Some awesome machinery there today.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
:heart: Love those Ginetta G50's!

How did you get the scrub on the side tony? looks like you and the evo are having a right tussle!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
That was a great watch alright!
You said it lol

it got to a point where the evo was pulled in as it was smoking so bad (brown in colour) we didn't want to risk it doing damage to its engine.

evo98 was all over it in the corners but the straights the evo had legs.

some epic machinery as said and all well behaved today which was good despite one tyre wall bash from a kit car of some sort

and as i said to Conor at lunch, his cornering speed was all that kept him off the pace of some nice stuff today, which i put down to tyres as from the astra you are capable of cornering a lot harder

Conor

RMS Regular
You said it lol

it got to a point where the evo was pulled in as it was smoking so bad (brown in colour) we didn't want to risk it doing damage to its engine.

evo98 was all over it in the corners but the straights the evo had legs.

some epic machinery as said and all well behaved today which was good despite one tyre wall bash from a kit car of some sort

and as i said to Conor at lunch, his cornering speed was all that kept him off the pace of some nice stuff today, which i put down to tyres as from the astra you are capable of cornering a lot harder

Yeah, certainly a few lessons learned. 888s on the track wheels and a diff has suddenly the priority over all else! Got down into the 1:11s on the last session on the road wheels, so was well pleased, but there's definitely another couple of seconds in her with the right tyres and a diff.

Epic days craic which was the most important thing.

That evo was sitting in the paddock with a pool of oil under it after that session!

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Well what can i say:laughing: That was by far the best day iv ever had down there..

I also thought that red evo was the ex ai autosport car..Either way i had a great run with it i also had good runs with the 2 white civics an the yellow m3 evo..I let the red evo an the yellow m3 in front of me knowing well id have a good run with them..I have 6 brilliant videos here to put up an i think il go with the red evo first.:grinning: Someone told me the evo was 400bhp is that right Graham?

Im still smiling from here:p B-Lorenzo that scuff happened at aghadowey when i just rubbed a tyre that they had out as a chicane lol

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
My first time down here, many thanks to Donal for allowing me to come down and have some practice shooting.

I'll get my shots up tomorrow as I'm out this evening, with some great sunburn on my bake I might add :rolleyes:

Was chatting to a few people, I was the lig in the orange dandering about, if anyone was wondering.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Thanks mate, we'll actually get chatting some of these days as opposed to being in the same place and not meeting. Lol

Aye I know lol. Was out a run and nipped in to see what was happening for all of about 20 mins.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
One of the most fun days I've had at Kirkistown aswell, had a few great battles with the yellow M3, Yellow integra itcc car, my mates other white civic and Tony in the s2000 BMW who had the edge on all of us. Great driving all day from everyone and some very capable cars

Look forward to anyone that has videos and pics. I didn't have a camera with me

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Stephen I will have great videos of us mate..I'll get them up tomorrow because its taking me 3 hours to upload one 20min video to you tube! Has anyone any tips to upload them quicker? I've got bt infinity too.My computers memory could benear full would this effect it or is that just how long it takes?

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Was a great day out yesterday, a back to front tyre which led to puncture on the second session reverted us back to road pirelli's on the back but once got used to them had great days crack, as said had good scraps with the Bonda and integra, hopefully will have full slicks for next time (y)

stezie

RMS Member
Drives
AP1 S2000
I was in the black southern reg civic.

Brilliant day . Car went flawlessly all day until the gentle drive home where i lost a bolt from the altenator and then the belt disintegrated. Had to limp the car home on limited battery . Good fun all round.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.