EP3
Fitted these, much better seat.
Cheers @AIRFORCE1 for the deal!

image.jpg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Did an oil change, began to replace the rear brakes, 1 side done and onto the other side, broke a retaining pin in the caliper, decided it isn't worth getting annoyed over, the weather is too good so **** it, roughly fitted the disc and pads, and packed up everything. I will sort it properly another day.

To continue on from this......over 2weeks after starting, it is finally back on the road. Replaced the disc and pads all round, replaced two flexi brake lines, one copper brake line, a wheel bearing, an abs unit and about 1000litres of brake fluid, finally got it sorted. Lots of swearing and vowing never to work on any car ever again in those two weeks. Now to wash it.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
To continue on from this......over 2weeks after starting, it is finally back on the road. Replaced the disc and pads all round, replaced two flexi brake lines, one copper brake line, a wheel bearing, an abs unit and about 1000litres of brake fluid, finally got it sorted. Lots of swearing and vowing never to work on any car ever again in those two weeks. Now to wash it.
So was it the abs
Pump bud?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
So was it the abs
Pump bud?

Yes, it seems to have been the issue. Think the abs block on the existing unit had some closed solenoid or blockage, as fitted the new abs unit yday, bled each of the brakes this morning and got fluid no problem to the passenger side rear, and took it run and all seems good, caliper is working etc.

Just a nightmare because I assumed any abs issue would have thrown up an abs light. Never been so glad to get it back on the road, and thankfully havent lost any love for it. Lol

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Yes, it seems to have been the issue. Think the abs block on the existing unit had some closed solenoid or blockage, as fitted the new abs unit yday, bled each of the brakes this morning and got fluid no problem to the passenger side rear, and took it run and all seems good, caliper is working etc.

Just a nightmare because I assumed any abs issue would have thrown up an abs light. Never been so glad to get it back on the road, and thankfully havent lost any love for it. Lol
Glad you got sorted bud. Nightmare at times. I swear off them all the time.. Then I go at it again and say never again lol

Last edited:

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Tidy wee set of seats those. Enjoy.

I now have the chevette completely down to a bare shell except 2 windows left to remove for its ground up restoration and do properly this time. Next stop the soda blasters.

Really?! Fair play bud. Plenty work done there. Is the plan you told me being kept secret?;)

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Have the boss looking for new cars here aswell so Im winning with getting her to give up the 8 as a donor to save me hunting through all the rotboxes out there for a decent one

Don't bother your hole breaking that motor!:worried: I can't see her letting you do that to it tbh anyway lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
WELL, The Range Rover. Seems to test my patience in between loving it.

Well I forgot to update with what I did on Saturday, so will do that and then move onto today's problem. FML

Well I got the new shock on Friday, went to fit it and figure out why there breaking. I think I found the problem.

When I fitted the new bushes I refitted all the bolts and nuts the same way there were when I removed them. But it seems whoever had the trailing arm unbolted from the axle before I did put the bolt the wrong way round.

Here's how it was

IMAG2232.jpg

The nut is on the shock side and the thread actually appears to hit the shock when the axle moved a little, as you can seen it is brutally close.

Here's how it is now and I think this is the way it's meant to be as the bolt head is so shallow.

IMAG2242.jpg

Bit more space now, but it has caused a problem on the shock that did break

IMAG2240.jpg

It has bent the stud coming out of the bottom.

Also noticed a hairline crack in what I hope is just the paint

IMAG2231.jpg

Hard to see, but it's where the stud meets the body of the shock.

So that was Saturday, changed them bolts around and fitted the new shock.

So onto today. Came home from work, went and had dinner and a shower, went out to go somewhere and notice an oily residue splatter over the back of the Range Rover, rolled it forward and there was a pool of oily stuff under it.

IMAG2256.jpg

Was in a rush so thought feck it, and took another car.

Came back home and put it up on the ramp, and discovered this

IMAG2257.jpg

That hairline crack wasn't just in the paint, must of bust on the way home from work.

Soo, another week another shock.

Feel quilty since I got 2 free replacements and I don't think it was a problem with a shocks but with the bolt hitting them, so I'm going to buy this one.

On another note, anybody want a Range Rover?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Fitted boot lip spoiler,not sure if I like it tbh,but it'll be easy enough pulled off again :laughing:

Colin_A

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Fitted 2 new anti-roll bar drop links last night. No more crashing noise about the front now :grinning: