What is it with the mahoosive thread titles ? update-closed

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

corsacj

RMS Regular
Some of the longer titles give me a reason to click into threads I wouldn't normally, if I think it's guna be pages and pages of chit chat might not bother but if it says turbo update post #322 or something I'm likely to click in straight to something more interesting

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it either way mind you lol

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
It's pretty annoying when the thread title is 3-series BMW, or even 325i, I don't know if it's going to be an E30, E36, E46, E90, E92 or F30. I like having the code of the car to distinguish it. Same goes for polos, I would have no desire to look into a "Polo GTI" thread unless I knew it was a 9N3, and not a 6N2.

56oval

RMS Regular
I
It's pretty annoying when the thread title is 3-series BMW, or even 325i, I don't know if it's going to be an E30, E36, E46, E90, E92 or F30. I like having the code of the car to distinguish it. Same goes for polos, I would have no desire to look into a "Polo GTI" thread unless I knew it was a 9N3, and not a 6N2.

Christ i bet your fun when the christmas crackers come out!!!!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Haha, I hate crackers! But I think there is happy medium somewhere, some title can be very vague.

Also you wouldn't give off about a Golf thread having Mk4 in the title. It just depends on the way that a cars different ages are known in the car world.

56oval

RMS Regular
Haha, I hate crackers! But I think there is happy medium somewhere, some title can be very vague.

Also you wouldn't give off about a Golf thread having Mk4 in the title. It just depends on the way that a cars different ages are known in the car world.

Quoting chassis numbers is such an n.i thing, when i talk to people about my old type r they always say oh ek9 or ep3 i just say " neither, it was a 2002 "

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Oh dear.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Ok, how about this. I just bought a 2000 Impreza, how do you know what shape it is?

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Everytime I see "Pic Heavy" I know I'm in for a real treat!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
pointless updates any me more. There was a thread on here about a 197 and it was a depressing read. One of the updates was that he had bought an air freshener and was trying to decide where to put it in the car, with photographs if possible locations. How boring lol

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
pointless updates any me more. There was a thread on here about a 197 and it was a depressing read. One of the updates was that he had bought an air freshener and was trying to decide where to put it in the car, with photographs if possible locations. How boring lol

Lol is it still here?

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
Drives
E81 123d
What is it with the mahoosive Thread titles lately? Then the need to edit said mahoosive thread title to Incorparate fitting valve caps so after 2 months of car ownership the title Is even longer and it reads .

New stead. 2003 Wrx sti pro drive pack with exhaust and down pipe just added ****new picture just added **** Just got new air filter .*** update*** wheel repaint ****

The titles are longer than the bloomen threads are these these days Ffs

Really does my nuts in this too!!

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
What gets me is when people use production codes in thread titles instead of the car name.

A friend of mine only talks in production codes when it comes to cars thus I don't bother speaking to him about cars because I think it's twattish like he's trying to catch you out so you ask "whats that?" and he can start a sermon.

56oval

RMS Regular
Some of the longer titles give me a reason to click into threads I wouldn't normally, if I think it's guna be pages and pages of chit chat might not bother but if it says turbo update post #322 or something I'm likely to click in straight to something more interesting

I wouldn't loose any sleep over it either way mind you lol

Im adding "Turbo update to post 758" tonight!!!! (y)

although i just had to fire up the roflcopter

MK 6 GTI 35 Edition (Small update Wind deflectors)

Last edited:

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
Quoting chassis numbers is such an n.i thing, when i talk to people about my old type r they always say oh ek9 or ep3 i just say " neither, it was a 2002 "

But it was, it was an ep3?

Regardless of what my personal opinions were on such a trivial subject, if I had an ep3 and someone asked me if I had an ep3, I would answer "Yes". Strange, I know.

56oval

RMS Regular
But it was, it was an ep3?

Regardless of what my personal opinions were on such a trivial subject, if I had an ep3 and someone asked me if I had an ep3, I would answer "Yes". Strange, I know.

But my point is, that was 2002 when i bought that car brand new, and i dont for one second recall the salesman telling me "congratulations youve just bought your first EP3" I think i would have got a fatty soft had i had known, and had he told me!!, nor did i notice "EP3" on the warning triangle dangled over the gearstick on delivery that stated something along the lines of "WARNING YOU HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HIGH REVVING ANGRY WASP IN A BOTTLE, SHIFTING LIKE A RETARD CAN RESULT IN TERMINAL ENGINE AND GEARBOX DAMAGE " There was "TYPE R" plastered everywhere, even on the log book wallet but no matter how hard i looked, i never once saw the two legendary letters and single digit that was ep3 , i had owned it put 60+k miles on it in 3 years and got rid of it, another 5 years passed and i moved here, not once in those 8 years did i know that i had owned such a car as an "EP3" If i'd have known that the EP3 existed back then, i would never have bought a type r, my life is now complete.

Last edited:

SMcP114

RMS Regular
Drives
Austin Allegro
But my point is, that was 2002 when i bought that car brand new, and i dont for one second recall the salesman telling me "congratulations youve just bought your first EP3" I think i would have got a fatty soft had i had known, and had he told me!!, nor did i notice "EP3" on the warning triangle dangled over the gearstick on delivery that stated something along the lines of "WARNING YOU HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HIGH REVVING ANGRY WASP IN A BOTTLE, SHIFTING LIKE A RETARD CAN RESULT IN TERMINAL ENGINE AND GEARBOX DAMAGE " There was "TYPE R" plastered everywhere, even on the log book wallet but no matter how hard i looked, i never once saw the three legendary letters and single numeral that was ep3 , i had owned it put 60+k miles on it in 3 years and got rid of it, another 5 years passed and i moved here, not once in those 8 years did i know that i had owned such a car as an "EP3" my life is now complete.

It is clearly an issue which is very close to your heart. If you genuinely didn't know your car was an EP3 Civic then I really don't know what to suggest, although I suspect you have just made that up for the purposes of illustrating your point.

I would imagine that should I ever enter into a conversation with someone who, when asked if they had an EP3 or an EK9, smugly answered "No, it's a 2002!!!!!", I would seek to end that conversation as quickly as possible, labelling them as 'difficult'.

Cars do seem to attract that sort quite a bit though. I've never understood it. It's almost as if, in an attempt to make out you're not a so called car geek, who knows all the models, that it has actually had the opposite effect.

"Each to their own", as they so often say on the forums, although I'm sure you have your own alternative and witty retort to that as well.

56oval

RMS Regular
Ask @PeteMoore

He'll confirm it. As for "Difficult" im easy :confounded:

That was my first and last Honda, i only knew of the integra type r before this, so i was fully green behind the ears, but ill stand by it, never heard of ep3 and ive never lived in a country where folk wet their knickers over chassis numbers like here.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.