WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Short video of Ogier testing in Sweden and looking scarily quick.

Reactions: DC.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Like the look of that Citroën team. Two rich playboys to foot the bill for Kris to drive :grinning: Just hope the car will be good, and that he stays on the road ;)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nightmare of a road they were on there :eek: Dry tarmac, to ice, to snow, all in one corner... How do you even begin to drive flat out on that, lol.

Rally drivers are lunatics, fact :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Great news for WRC - French legend @FDelecour returns to Monte Carlo with an M Sport Fiesta WRC Car. Bad news for the other competitors!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Rallying UK ‏@RallyingUK 5m

WRC ON ITV: Good news. Hearing that @ITV4 will be showing WRC highlights again in 2014. @ITVSport #WRC

Also just read that Kubica is doing the ERC in a Fiesta as well as WRC

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Delecour won't get near the podium.

Podium will likely be 2 Polo's & maybe Hirvonen (depending on the pace of the i20)

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Delecour won't get near the podium.

Podium will likely be 2 Polo's & maybe Hirvonen (depending on the pace of the i20)
I see vw ford and citroen sharing the podium

Have a feeling it will be a finishers rally with lots of offs and super rally

Fast and steady will pay off so whoever is a hero from the start wont make it on the podium

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
Delecour was nowhere near the top 5 on snow in ERC in Latvia when I saw him, but he certainly was the most fun to watch. Ogier fingers crossed gets another great season, can't wait for it to start.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The in-car from Monte is just ridiculous, lol - complete lunatics the lot of them :grinning:

Is it just me, or does Meke look like Graham when he has the helmet on? :innocent:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Tanak and Ketomaa will drive Fiesta R5s in the Drive DMACK World Rally Team for 2014 - competing in WRC2

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
M-Sport have the smallest budget and I'm yet to see a single testing video. Whereas VW are already in Sweden testing. I can't see any Fiesta in the top 3 for any event as they just don't have the resources to develop, upgrade and improve like VW or Hyundai and even Citroen.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Tanak and Ketomaa will drive Fiesta R5s in the Drive DMACK World Rally Team for 2014 - competing in WRC2

There's no point in anyone else entering WRC 2 - those two guys will blitz it.

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Ogier fingers crossed gets another great season, can't wait for it to start.

What will make a great season will be if Ogier has to get into a proper title fight with Neuville, Ostberg, Latvala, Meeke or whoever. One driver and one make dominating isn't good for the sport, nor does it make a great spectacle. We need 4 or 5 guys who are capable of winning every rally, just like the McRae, Sainz, Makinen, Auriol & Gronholm days.

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
M-Sport have the smallest budget and I'm yet to see a single testing video. Whereas VW are already in Sweden testing. I can't see any Fiesta in the top 3 for any event as they just don't have the resources to develop, upgrade and improve like VW or Hyundai and even Citroen.
Mikko is used to the ford and although development may not be there the last while i think he will shake things up again

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
I just think they are bound to get left behind in the technology stakes and as a result, the car won't be as quick. The lack of any Monte test videos on YouTube either means M-Sport have managed to keep their programme under cover, or haven't done any. With the driver swaps and no clarity on a title sponsor for the team, I suspect the latter.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
As offa Scott Mills , WHOOOOOOOO ?? lol

nuff said.

0104.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.